Azyter didnt help doxy worth a go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azyter didnt help doxy worth a go?

I tried topical Azyter which didn't help I couldn't tolerate the drops so tried putting the liquid on a q tip and brushing over my glands. Those this didn't help either. Would Doxy still be an option. My problem is inflammation as on steroids my meibum glands work perfectly again.

you can try 40mg doxy or try oral azithromycin. azyter is topical azithromycin.

Comment

Hi. I am about to start topical azithromycin AZYTER. I am Confused how to use it? Why couldn't you tolerate it?

Comment

Originally posted by LindaDawn View Post
        Hi. I am about to start topical azithromycin AZYTER. I am Confused how to use it? Why couldn't you tolerate it?
        You just need to drop it inside the eyelid. Some people rub it around, but I find that unnecessary. Some folks can't tolerate it as it stings too much. It might sting a little for most patients.

Comment

Thanks a lot. Picked up my prescription yesterday and the pharmacist said to put it on eyelids and around the outside of eyes but that didn't sound right to me. Went back to the doctor and I think she said put it on the rim of eyes. So you think I put it in like I would an eyedrops? Bit scared to use it.

Comment

Well I have just started using topical Azithromycin (Azyter in UK) and have been putting the drops on my cleaned finger and then rubbing it onto the lower rims of my eyes and then squeezing hard hoping it will also reach the upper rims of my eyes. I find it stings for several hours. Not sure how I can do this twice a day for 1 month especially when I have to go to work, Did anyone find the stinging stopped or lessened after a few days?

Comment

Well I have just started using topical Azithromycin (Azyter in UK) and have been putting the drops on my cleaned finger and then rubbing it onto the lower rims of my eyes and then squeezing hard hoping it will also reach the upper rims of my eyes. I find it stings for several hours. Not sure how I can do this twice a day for 1 month especially when I have to go to work, Did anyone find the stinging stopped or lessened after a few days?
              I usually just drop the Azyter inside my eyelids (as if it was normal eye drop), and just blink it around. You get used to the stinging after a few days. Twice per day is a pretty high dose, you can try twice per day for first 2-3 days, then switch to once per day. Azyter has a pretty high half-life, and you are using it for its anti-inflammatory properties not antibiotic, so you don't need such high dosage.

Comment

Thanks. I was thinking if stinging doesn't reduce then to just put in overnight only. I can't take any drops containing caste oil and soy bean oil. Maybe these might be the lipids that are also in these drops.

Comment

Did you get Azyter from Moorfields NHS? I am surprised they told you to use it twice a day for a month.
                  NHS protocol is once a day 3 days a week for one month.

I've used it before and the intensity of the stinging did not subside, but if it works it will be worth the pain.

Comment

Hi. Got Azyter from my eye doctor at my local hospital. Was told to use it twice a day for one month. However I have just done 2 days of twice a day and have gone done now to once a day at night as the stinging is just too much.

Comment

Interesting, well if the doctor told you to use it twice a day surely you should do this? Can understand about the stinging though, it is not pleasant.

Comment

I cannot tolerate it for twice a day. Now thinking of stopping it after only 5 days. My eyes have been so much more uncomfortable since I started azyter.

Comment

I cannot tolerate it for twice a day. Now thinking of stopping it after only 5 days. My eyes have been so much more uncomfortable since I started azyter.
                          When I've been prescribed it, it was to apply to eyelids only which I find tolerable. You could try that.

Comment

I might just to that!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X