Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Swimming Googles worn around the house during the day help alleviate discomfort?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Swimming Googles worn around the house during the day help alleviate discomfort?

Hi. Thinking of buying some swimming Google’s to wear around the home, Anyone find this helps?

Instead of swimming goggles, I'd recommend moisture chamber goggles from 7eye or WileyX. They're going to be a lot more comfortable to wear and they're designed specifically to generate moisture while simultaneously allowing some fresh air to get to your eyes.
    What you need to know about computer-induced dry eye
    Dry Eye Survey
    IPL Doctors
    Probing Doctors

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I will certainly look into getting some. I am a little short sighted, do they come in a prescription although I could manage without possibly, Also are they expensive? Would I need to get them specially fitted or can. Just buy online. Also do they leave marks/indentations on your skin after removing them? Also can I wear outside and do they come in a tint like sunglasses. Do they just look like ordinary glasses? Sorry for so man6 questions. I could look online but trying to limit m6 screen time.

Comment

1. Prescription - They are non-prescription by default, but you can have a prescription put in them pretty easily through SportRx.com or a similar site.
        2. Cost - Without prescription, my 7eye goggles cost about $100. They're more expensive if you put a prescription in and get anti-reflective coating
        3. Fit - I would recommend going to a local optometrist that has them and trying on a bunch of them. You should put the strap on them as well, because realistically your best fit is going to be when using it with the strap.
        4. Marks - They leave small indentations which usually go away after a few minutes.
        5. Wearing Outside - I bought separate goggles for the outdoors. I would wear my prescription scleral lenses, and then buy a pair of non-prescription 7eye sunglasses to wear over them.
        6. Appearance - No, they don't look like normal glasses. They look more like sunglasses. And if you're wearing them indoors, you'll look like you have clear sunglasses on. Yes the appearance is a little uncomfortable at first, but isn't it more important that your eyes are comfortable?
        What you need to know about computer-induced dry eye
        Dry Eye Survey
        IPL Doctors
        Probing Doctors

Comment

Thank you for your detailed reply. I live in the UK. Hoping they are available here. Do you have a preference to make?

Comment

Hi Linda, did you find where to get these glasses in the uk?

Comment

Hi. No i never followed this up. I don’t think anyone responded to my post to say they work! Fed up with wasting my money on treatments and equipment.

Comment

HI LInda. Eyewearaccessories.co.uk do moisture chamber goggles. They can fit with low prescriptions but if you need a higher prescription they can recommend other places that can ft the lenses. They will post you a few frames to try out if you are interested. I found the goggles made a big difference but I can understand you getting fed up with trying things that don't always work.

Comment

Hi Holly123. Thank you so much for your post. Will take a look.,

Comment

Hi Holly123. What make/sort of moisture chamber glasses do you have please? I think I will just get some to wear around the houses the 1st instance. Would they help someone like me with mgd?

Comment

Hi Linda. I bought the ziena verona frame which is a medium fit but there are smaller frames available too. I have MGD too and they helped me. It is an expense but I wouldn't be without them. You could maybe try giving them a ring. I'm sure they'll be helpful.

Comment

Hi Holly. Thanks again. Do you have a prescription in yours? And do you wear the same pair in and out of the house?

Comment

HI Linda. Yes I have a really high prescription. I don't tend to wear them out the house much but have the 7eye sunglasses for outdoors.. I got the prescription for those done in America at a place called Heavyglare. My prescription is so high it was the only place I could get them done. If your prescription is not too high you shouldn't have any problems. Eyewear accessories can advise you if you give them a ring.

Comment

Thanks Holly. Guess I need to be thinking about this.

Comment

Working...
                            X