Allergies?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allergies?

The question might sound dumb but Can it be possible that i might be getting dry eye and mgd due to me having a dog inside my house. My eyes feel dry all the time even when I'm not home my dry eyes didn't start until after a year of owning him so i really doubt it but i wanted some opinions

Originally posted by Dryeyes1984 View Post
    The question might sound dumb but Can it be possible that i might be getting dry eye and mgd due to me having a dog inside my house. My eyes feel dry all the time even when I'm not home my dry eyes didn't start until after a year of owning him so i really doubt it but i wanted some opinions
    It's hard to say. Usually allergy symptoms are red eyes, puffy eyelids and abundant tearing. But in my case I have puffy eyelids and poor tearing. The eye doctor said I have a kind of allergic reaction (microfollicular hypertrophy visible when he turns the eyelid). I am allergic to spring allergies, and cat & dogs, but I don't own one.
    Oral antihistaminics doesn't help with that "chronic" "allergic" conjunctivitis. But anti allergy eye drops (mast cell stabilizers family) like ketotifen helps a lot.

If you suspect an allergy you should see an allergist to do some tests (prick test and blood test).

Comment

Thank you for your reply i think that's what I'm going to have to do just to have a peace of mind i seriously doubt it though if it was a my dog causing this my eyes wouldn't hurt while starring at screens

Comment

I have been wondering about the possibility of maybe some type of food allergy/intolerance. I recently switched my baby-shampoo cleansing and compresses routine to preservative-free eye drops and those individually wrapped eyelid wipes (and compresses still) and still got a new stye/chalazion. After realizing that my nostrils are also slightly crusty every day, I wondered if it could be a food or atmospheric reaction and am considering allergy testing, bc I feel at my wit's end. I still have a 3-month-old stye on the right eye, and now as of two weeks ago a new one on the left.

Anybody have any experience with dietary treatment? Somewhere online I found something that suggested not eating wheat or peanuts, among other things,..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X