Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry eye caused by inflammation what else to try?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eye caused by inflammation what else to try?

I'm on ikervis for my dry eye steroids make by eyes normal again. What else could I add to my treatment as steroids aren't a long term option. I was thinking doxycycline as this can help calm inflammation?

Xiidra is a really good option. Doxy 20-40mg per day can be an option. IPL is a very good option. I've been doing monthly-IPL and had a lot of success.

Comment

Thanks no xiidra in the UK as yet. I am struggling to find anywhere near me that does ipl. Low dose doxy I will discuss with him then.

Comment

How do you get prescribed doxy?

Comment

Go to Moorfields, they are happy to dish it out as its cheap.

Where do you live Matt0029? If you can travel to London there are a number of places which do IPL, though it's quite pricey.

Comment

I live near Leeds. I haven't been able to find anywhere around here that do ipl. I see a NHS consultant privately, I am thinking of asking to try doxy ast my next appointment as inflammation is my main problem. Stopping my glands for working correctly.

Comment

You might as well try doxy, you have nothing to lose.

As for IPL it is still quite a niche treatment for dry eyes in the UK, so unfortunately you will probably have to come down to London to get this done.

Comment

Thanks I know my oil producing glands returned to normal on steroids.

Comment

What does doxy actually do? How often does it need to be administered

Comment

I have heard it can calm inflammation. Not sure how though?

Comment

Hi. If you ring a company called Grafton opticals they can tell you where you can get e eye laser treatment in the UK. I'm pretty sure when I rang them last year that they said there was somewhere in Leeds that did it

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X