Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipiflow follow up question.

Hi All!

Just wondering if anyone has had lipiflow done here? I have posterior Blepharitis and had it done three days ago.

they gave me steroid drops post lipiflow and said I can use them but it’s not an absolute must.

anyone had experience with this and know whether the steroid drops are good to use after?

They gave me Tobratex (20 days) and sterdex(7days) no steroid

Comment

Steriods optional. Some drs prescribe to further reduce inflammation and theorized to help kickstart the glands post-LipiFlow. I don't have any empirical evidence to back whether w/ or w/o steriods yields better results.

Comment

Originally posted by mbperso View Post
        They gave me Tobratex (20 days) and sterdex(7days) no steroid
        Ok thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post
          Steriods optional. Some drs prescribe to further reduce inflammation and theorized to help kickstart the glands post-LipiFlow. I don't have any empirical evidence to back whether w/ or w/o steriods yields better results.
          Yes i think that’s the intention my Optom wanted was to reduce any inflammation. I have noticed that the steroids seem to be irritating my eyes a little more though? Is this normal?

also would you happen to have any advice on how to properly clean the eyes whilst on steroids? As he said to avoid getting water into the eye as steroids reduce eye immunity and can cause secondary infection.

Comment

Working...
          X