Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

European eye drops for MGD/evaporative dry eye - any recommendations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European eye drops for MGD/evaporative dry eye - any recommendations?

I posted a similar question last year but since new eyedrops are coming out all the time I thought I would ask again.

I have tried pretty much all the over the counter eye drops available in the UK, and have bought quite a few other ones available in Europe either on the Internet or in pharmacies while on holiday on mainland Europe.

What with the political situation here I am now worried that eye drops from the EU will become too expensive with the extra tariffs or become unavailable to buy from the UK after 31st Oct.

So while there is still time can anyone please recommend any European OTC eye drops for evaporative dry eye? Since my last post, I have bought on recommendation from pharmacists, Hylan (similar to Celluvisc) in Germany, which had no effect, and Dulcis Pommade A (similar to Vita-pos) in France, which caused even more irritation.

Lacrimera was mentioned here - I might be going to Vienna next month so can pick this up then, would be great to be able to buy some other Austrian eye drops at the same time if there are any good ones.

My eye doctor gave me a sample of a new eyedrop recently but I haven't tried it yet (getting anxious about trying new drops these days). It's called VisuXL. IT CONTAINS CoQ10, Vitamin E TPGS and cross linked hyaluronic acid salt. Is preservative free. The manufacturer is VISUfarma S.p.A, Italy. The literature states 'THE CROSS LINKED HYALURONIC ACID IS A MORE STABLE AND EFFECTIVE FORM OF HYALURONIC ACID THANTHE NON-STABILIZED FORM AND GIVES VisuXL BETTER VISCOELASTIC, MUCOMIMETIC AND MOISTURISING PROPERTIES AND IS MORE EFFECTIVE OVER TIME. I really should try it. Maybe someone else has already tried it.

Comment

Hi there I tried this one a couple of months ago, bought it off Amazon. Its non-irritating (at least for me and I have sensitive eyes) so you should definitely try it you have nothing to lose.
      Unfortunately for me the effects only lasted a couple of minutes which was annoying as these drops were not the cheapest.

Comment

Hi. I am really getting so so,anxious about trying anything new at the moment. Was a time when I kept trying new drops. When I am having a good day like today I don't like to change anything and when they are bad I am scared something new willl make them even worse. Guess that is what I didn't try uk equivalent of restatis. And had such bad time with the Azithromycin recently.

Comment

Have you tried Theoloz Duo Gel. These are the best Gel I have found. They also do
          eyedrops but after a while I found thapey didn't help much,

Comment

Yes I have, they didn't work. I am confident that I have tried every single OTC eye drop sold in Boots and Superdrug, and most eye drops available to buy on UK online pharmacies.

Comment

Have you already tried EvoTears? My eyes feel quite comfortable after using them, at least for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciclo View Post
                Have you already tried EvoTears? My eyes feel quite comfortable after using them, at least for a while.
                I have yes, last year, very expensive! They made my eyes feel normal, but again the effects only lasted a couple of minutes, so I did not buy a second bottle.

Comment

Hi Alix. Have you tried Oasis tears? They are USA eyedrops that everyone in this site raves about. I haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaDawn View Post
                    Hi Alix. Have you tried Oasis tears? They are USA eyedrops that everyone in this site raves about. I haven't.
                    No I havenít, I havenít been to the states since I developed my eye problems and not planning to go there in the foreseeable future thatís why Iím only interested in eye drops available in Europe as they are readily accessible.

Comment

I am probably stating the obvious, but worth repeating, 'press the inner edge of your eyes to prevent the eyedrops from going out the tear Canal for 1-2mins, that area where gunk get's collected in the mornings.' otherwise the effect of the eyedrops can be quite short.

Comment

Always good to have reminders.

Comment

If you have MGD, lid scrub is very important. Ocusoft or Cliradex are the two I have used. I only use the foam. If you can't get the foam, I don't think they are worth it. They will burn your eyes for a min or two but that just means that they are working. Also, don't off the foam. Leave it on your eyes but just dab your eyes with a tissue. Every OTC drop I have ever used provided extremely limited benefit (some relief maybe for an hour if even that). But I am quite a severe case of dry eyes. None of the OTC tears will help you with the evaporation which is a big part of the problem.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X