Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treatments Update

Hi All -

In my quest in continuing to find a dry eye solution I'm trying another tactic next week. Punctual plugs - upper and lower. My issue is stage 3-4 MGD but I figure it's the end of the year and I met my deductible so why not try it? I had my lowers plugged about a year ago but took them out after 6 months when I noticed no improvement and developed a growth around one of them.

I also just completed a run with sclera lenses which was not successful. For those of you using the lenses, more power to you! I had a heck of a time getting them in and out and when they were in, they were so uncomfortable! Was in the fit? Maybe - but it's definitely something I checked off my list as unsuccessful. Couple of other things I tried

- Doxycycline - No noticeable benefit and caused nausea
    - Nulids - new product on the market to massage eyelids that runs about $300 - used for 2 weeks, saw no benefit.
    - Gland Probing - I did this almost a year ago with Dr. Yee in Houston in 1 eye, no noticeable benefit

My husband asked me the other day when I was going to just give up - and I said NEVER!!! Until I find a solution I won't stop

Happy Holidays to All!

Thank you for your post. We must NEVER give up!!! We will all help each to manage this dreadful dreadful disease!! Take care and please keep us updated.

Comment

Yes, never give up. I was suffering for years, getting worse and worse when I didn't think it was possible to decline any further. But after hitting rock-bottom and being homebound for several years, I found the combination of things that together help me to manage my condition. I have even gone back to treatments that initially did not work like sclerals and probing, which after I combined these with the right diet for me, is the key combination that helps me now. And I continue to tweak my diet and regimen as time goes on. So even things from the past that didn't work may help in the future when you eyes get a little better or in combination with something else.

It's great that you have the fight in you. I'm like that too, I have always been a "can-do" person. But there were times I got very down and depressed, when it seemed I had tried everything and was still in debilitating pain and it was getting progressively worse. I don't know if you ever read my dry eye story or the several other dry eye stories Rebecca and Aidan have compiled from various members, but many of us have experienced similarities to your journey so far, so you are in good company with a very supportive group.

https://www.dryeyestories.com/new-bl...ous-deficiency

Comment

Working...
      X