Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does artificial tears make dry eyes worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does artificial tears make dry eyes worse?

I have been suffering from dry eyes since September. The only treatment in my country is artificial tears and gel. I have now decided to stop treatment with the hope that my body will fix the problem . Please who has tried this?

Which country are you in? Do you have access to antibiotics? You can try doxy/azithromycin.

Comment

Am from Ghana. Do you use artificial tears?

Comment

Yes we have antibiotics

Comment

Did the doctor tell you the cause of your dry eye? If your eyes are dry because they are not producing enough tears then azythromocin/doxy/antibotics etc are not going to help. Please do not take antibiotics without taking medical advice.

None of us are doctors here so please try and get a proper diagnosis - is it possible to travel to a neighbouring country?

Personally I stopped using artificial tears over 12 months ago as they made my eyes worse - the pain increased the more frequently I used them. Since I stopped my eyes have not worsened but they haven’t improved either.

Comment

Thanks you very much.

Comment

Unfortunately you can't tough this problem out. Believe me I've tried. It doesn't fix itself. You have to find a better doctor to understand what is causing the problem. In the meantime, if your body is telling you something is dry, you should add moisture, whether it's eye drops for your eyes, lotion for your skin, water for your throat. Your body is telling you that there's a problem. If it could fix it, it would, and you wouldn't even know there was a problem.

Comment

Well, I quit artificial tears because the relieve lasted only 3 minutes and after that I felt even worse. That said, my problemis not so much dry eyes, but cornea evaporative hyperalgesia, depiyte doctors think my problem is dry eyes. I wear moisture chamber glasses.

Comment

Working...
                X