Recommendations for your favourite eyedrops/ointments in usa please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for your favourite eyedrops/ointments in usa please

Hi to all you dry eye friends in USA, I am thinking of trying some eyedrops from USA if I get some positive posts. I am from UK and I have a neighbour hopefully going to the Florida in next week that I could ask to purchase for me. Which drops/gets/ointments would you recommend please?

I don't use it anymore, but THE best eyedrops I ever tried were Refresh Optive Mega-3. They have an oily component that stays on the surface of the eye for a while, which is good if you're like most dry eye sufferers and have MGD.
    What you need to know about computer-induced dry eye
    Dry Eye Survey
    IPL Doctors
    Probing Doctors

Comment

Which drops/gels might work best depend on whether you have MGD and/or aqueous deficiency, and the severity of your condition.

I had extremely severe dry eyes with both MGD and aqueous deficiency, where my tear film was virtually zero for several years (zero Schirmers, 0-1 second TBUT). Genteal Severe Dry Eye Gel was the only thing that gave me some relief, giving a moist, soothing feeling that I could not get from drops. For me it literally saved my life, I was in so much pain. It does have a preservative that is supposed to disappear once exposed to on the eye (I guess once it’s exposed to air), but it is NOT the BAK preservative that has been proven to be damaging to the eyes. I used it day and night for over three years, and the only issue I had was a couple times I had a slight allergic reaction so had to stop using it for a few days, but everyone is different.

Genteal Gel is a long time favorite of many dry eyes sufferers in the U.S. The preservative is considered safer than BAK. I believe it is the only drop/gel with preservatives that is sold in The Dry Eye Shop, Rebecca has a good write-up on these and other drops sold in her shop. It is also readily available at many stores in the U.S. I don’t believe it is available in the U.K.

https://dryeyeshop.com/products/genteal-gel

Comment

Thanks for your post. I need to research the eyedrop just to check it is not the same as one here in uk with a different name, I cam’t tolerate caster oil so will check that too.

Comment

Working...
        X