X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me understand my dry eyes

I don't understand the situation.

- when I go to the shower I feel instant relief
    - when I drive in the car set heat to max (dry hot air) iam fine after some minutes, no dry eyes
    ​​​
    In both cases my eyes getting white..

- when I put liquid in my eyes and even close them there is no relief at all.. Liquids don't even help a bit

Any ideas? Can't take this much longer, totally depressed

Sounds like you probably have meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD), but you should probably visit a doctor to get a diagnosis. If you have MGD, It's pretty typical to feel relief when applying heat to the eyelids. Try a heat mask such as this one: https://www.amazon.com/Thermalon-243...64&sr=8-4&th=1
    What you need to know about computer-induced dry eye
    Dry Eye Survey
    IPL Doctors
    Probing Doctors

Comment

Also, there are many other advanced treatments for MGD, so try to remain optimistic in knowing that there's a lot of things you haven't tried.
      What you need to know about computer-induced dry eye
      Dry Eye Survey
      IPL Doctors
      Probing Doctors

Comment

Currently iam on E-EYE treatment. Also i have been subscribed IKERVIS (have not taken it so far - afraid of risks)

It is strange i got a NIBUT from 18 seconds+ both eyes. Is it possible to have MDG and such high nibuts?
        I have zero problems keeping my eyes open (Just when trying once: except in the morning or when i wake up... feel burning in the middle with tearing after 5-8 sek... after tearing no problems again)

My Problem all over the day:
        Allways feeling the burning comes from the inner corner of the eye...
        Really i cant take this burning anymore...

Additionally:
        In 95% of the time i only got problem on one eye. Depending on the nose cycle - and how long it took. The "closed" side makes the problem. I allready made a CT - Everythings clear.
        Maybe the tear duct is shrinked when swollen? Not sure feels clumpy / burning in the inner eye side

Any ideas? MDG with this high NIBUT?
        Last edited by cake3k; 05-Feb-2020, 05:49.

Comment

Originally posted by cake3k View Post
          Currently iam on E-EYE treatment. Also i have been subscribed IKERVIS (have not taken it so far - afraid of risks)

It is strange i got a NIBUT from 18 seconds+ both eyes. Is it possible to have MDG and such high nibuts?
          I have zero problems keeping my eyes open (Just when trying once: except in the morning or when i wake up... feel burning in the middle with tearing after 5-8 sek... after tearing no problems again)

My Problem all over the day:
          Allways feeling the burning comes from the inner corner of the eye...
          Really i cant take this burning anymore...

Additionally:
          In 95% of the time i only got problem on one eye. Depending on the nose cycle - and how long it took. The "closed" side makes the problem. I allready made a CT - Everythings clear.
          Maybe the tear duct is shrinked when swollen? Not sure feels clumpy / burning in the inner eye side

Any ideas? MDG with this high NIBUT?
          About the nose cycle: this is called the nasal cycle and is natural phenomenon.
          Add to this the fact that the lacrimal gland helps moisturize the nose; and having MGD, the quick evaporation prevents this, thus I guess one can have a dry nose as symptom of MGD.
          The lacrimal gland produces tears which then flow into canals that connect to the lacrimal sac. From that sac, the tears drain through the lacrimal duct into the nose.
          source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacrimal_gland

Comment

Working...
          X