Testosterone cream on eyelids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testosterone cream on eyelids

Has anyone tried testosterone cream on there eye lids for mgd. If so where is the best place to buy from?

Typically it has to be prescribed by your eye doctor, and compounded at a compounding pharmacy to the % prescribed. Also, if you have sensitive skin the regular cream base they use might cause a rash, so if that’s the case for you they might be able to use an alternative cream base.

Comment

Thanks is there much chance of getting it prescribed? It's seen as an off label treatment?

Comment

I specifically went to an eye doctor who I knew prescribed it for dry eye treatment. He checked my eyes and reviewed my list of all the treatments I had done to-date, before prescribing the testosterone dream. I believe my GP also monitored my testosterone level via periodic blood tests.

My naturopath who was also an M.D. said he could also prescribe it for me if it was helping, as I think these types of doctors have some experience prescribing testosterone cream. So there are doctors who will, but typically I think they would be more likely to prescribe it if they have experience prescribing it in the past. There are potential side effects of testosterone cream, so would use it sparingly, make sure you are monitored, and if you are not seeing any results stop using it.

Testosterone cream didn’t help me, but I ultimately found out I had scar tissue in my meibomian glands, so nothing helped me until after I had probing to clear that.

Comment

Thanks are you in the UK?

Comment

I need to get my glands fully checked at my next appointment. I take finasteride, so wonderd if this could be lowering my testosterone and causing my dry eye problems.

Comment

I’m in the U.S.

Comment

Working...
              X