Investigating my symptoms, I need your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alix View Post
    I believe IPL and Lipiflow work in different ways so we cant put them in the same category. Based on my experience here in the UK, optometrists and ophthalmologists say its worth giving IPL a go though there is no guarantee it will work for everyone, whilst every single one has told me Lipiflow is an expensive waste of time.

That is why I am interested in hearing from people for whom it has actually worked.

I would say that most people who go ahead with Lipiflow are those who have tried everything else including what is in your list and nothing has worked. It is the last resort as it is very expensive, basically £100 per minute.
    It's too soon for me to say if it is a waste of money. Anyway I think the price dropped since the last years, it costed me 600 euro. Here the national health system refunds 20%, so in the end it costed 480 euro.
    I know that a single IPL treatment costs 250 euro, but usually you have to do 3 or 4 treatment.
    Also Restasis eye drops I know that are very expensive, a box costs 135 euro.

Another thing I would like to try are punctual plugs. I would like to ask the doctor why he didn't suggest them.

Comment

I see, is that in Italy? Here in the UK, IPL is more expensive, but you pay for each session rather than a set of 4 upfront so at least if is not working you are not out of pocket.

I was told punctal plugs only work if you have aqueous deficiency and you dont produce enough tears. It doesnt work for evaporative dry eye.
      I had them put in to see what happened but had them taken out as they caused too much inflammation.

Comment

Originally posted by Alix View Post
        I see, is that in Italy? Here in the UK, IPL is more expensive, but you pay for each session rather than a set of 4 upfront so at least if is not working you are not out of pocket.

I was told punctal plugs only work if you have aqueous deficiency and you dont produce enough tears. It doesnt work for evaporative dry eye.
        I had them put in to see what happened but had them taken out as they caused too much inflammation.
        yes, Italy. yes, you can pay every single IPL here, but doctors around the world says that to see improvements you have to do it at least 3/4 times.

The not so funny thing is that of six doctors I saw, everyone said different things. For one I have acquous deficiency, for another is evaporative dry eye, for another is an uncommon chronic allergy, for another the problem are not the eyes but some not identified cause. So to solve the problem,seems that I have to treat my eye like If I have all of those things.

Furthermore, the last doctor dind't do the schirmer test neither tbut, so in the next appointment we can't se how much the condition is improved. He just daid that I don't produce tears.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenix View Post

yes, Italy. yes, you can pay every single IPL here, but doctors around the world says that to see improvements you have to do it at least 3/4 times.

The not so funny thing is that of six doctors I saw, everyone said different things. For one I have acquous deficiency, for another is evaporative dry eye, for another is an uncommon chronic allergy, for another the problem are not the eyes but some not identified cause. So to solve the problem,seems that I have to treat my eye like If I have all of those things.

Furthermore, the last doctor dind't do the schirmer test neither tbut, so in the next appointment we can't se how much the condition is improved. He just daid that I don't produce tears.
          Agreed yes that is what I have been told as well but I stopped after the second one, as I thought I might see at least a small difference but there was nothing at all.

I have had a very similar experience to you over the past couple of years each doctor tells me something different. Very frustrating.

Comment

I haven't seen the doctor yet due to coronavirus emergency. After a month I'm pretty sure that LipiFlow was a waste of money. It didn't worked for me.
            I think that the next step will be Restasis eyedrops for 6 months.

Comment

Yes buddy, I believe there is an unknown disorder/disease, I might be one of the first to get it, it's because in modern times people are using their eyes so much on computers and stuff, the lacrimal glands can't cope with the use and start getting sensitive.

Comment

Working...
              X