Suffering for a year, is it dry eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffering for a year, is it dry eye?

Hey everyone. I am new to posting here but I have been reviewing the forum for a few weeks trying to get answers
    hopefullt someone can relate to me and give me some help and advice.

So ill start from the beginning. Last year around Feb 2019 I woke up one morning and my eye felt different. It kind of felt heavy and swollen and like something was in it. I have seasonal allergies and some sinus trouble so I passed it off to that thinking if I washed with baby shampoo it will clear up in a day or two. It never did. From that day my eye has never been the same a year later. It got worse and worse. My eye physically looks fine from the outside most of the time. Maybe some lid swelling in the corners but aside from that no big red veins or anything weird. But my eye feels like razorblades most days. Mostly it feels like my upper year duct is being sliced as it rubs against my eyeball. I went to three opthamologists and they all said physically my eye looks fine just really dry. After the first one I began experimenting with eye drops I have tried so many brands and none of them give me even one second of relief. Half the time it makes it worse. My other eye is considered dry bucket the eye doctor as well but that one does not bother me at all! So strange!

Overnight gel ointmefs take take a little of the edge off but as soon as I wake up my eye feels so tired and painful I don’t even want to get out of bed. Now the strangest part of it all is I have this weird popping feeling. It feels like air is expelling from underneath my eye lid. When I brought this up to the doctor he said it might just be air in my tear duct but it feels like more then that. Almost Everytime I blink I feel this pressure building up that I feel like I have to blink and release and I hear an audible pop. People around me can hear it to if it’s qhiet enough. The underside of my top eyelid feels the worst. Constant pain and the insides of my kids are red. The doctor said I did not have any signs of Blepharitis . I am supposed to go back in a month and he said punctual plugs may be my next move but I just feel like what I’m experiencing may be more then dry eye

is there a possible relation between sinus infections that could be causinf
    tjis popping? It’s very uncomfortable and I think if my eye is dry it’s increasing the symptoms because I have to blink out the pressure and I feel the air move over my eye. I did a shirmers test and my left eye was 8 and my right eye 10.
Working...
X