Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did squint surgery cause my Aqueous Deficiency ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did squint surgery cause my Aqueous Deficiency ?

Hi guys,

I had squint surgery in 2010 on my right eye. Since then I have had dry eye symptoms. It started in the weeks after surgery when I would wake on a morning I noticed that my eye was a little dry/sore. I didn't think anything of it at first, but it has got progressively worst since then. My eye became red and was dryer upon waking. At first I was putting the eye whitening/lubricant in my eye every morning, this worked for a couple of years but then it wasn't an option anymore. I now put Hylo Forte drops in my right eye 5 times a day. This allows me to watch TV and go on the computer. But when I wake it's causing me issues as I don't put lubricant in at night, as it bothers my eye a little bit.

So my question is, did the surgery do this to my tear film? When I mentioned it to the eye doctor they almost laughed and said squint surgery doesn't cause dry eye. Another thing is, I have had to have two courses of steroids to combat inflammation in my eye over the past 12 months (episcleritis I think).

So, do you think squint surgery, or the following inflammation caused this?
Working...
X