Working from home - any improvements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working from home - any improvements?

Due to the current situation, Ive been working full time from home for the last 3 weeks or so. Screen time is slightly less than before but the main difference is I'm working in a natural environment with no fluorescent lighting or dry air being pumped out of vents in the ceiling above.

So I thought I would have seen some improvement by now in terms of eye pain/strain and redness but my eyes are as bad as ever. Perhaps they are too far gone.

Until we are allowed back in the office, I've relocated to my family's farm in the countryside, and so everyday have been looking at green fields in the distance outside for long periods of time in between looking at my screen which an optometrist advised me to do but not really seeing any benefit from this. Would love to buy a humidifier but its logistically too complicated given our remote location.

I was wondering if anyone had seen their eye condition improve after switching to working from home full time?

i'm better for working at home, i working in the dining room and have natural sunlight coming in the room. No overlight lighting or air con. It's helped me compared to working in the office but i still have dry eyes.

Comment

At least you are seeing some change which is good news. I’m working on the kitchen table as we don’t have any desks in the house - my sister says I have a hunched back as the kitchen table is too low and I’m looking down on a small laptop rather than looking straight ahead at a desktop. I’m also squinting as the screen is too small.

Can't buy a desk or a desktop pc right now so just trying to improve my posture as I’m getting bad neck ache.

Despite this, there are times now where my eyes feel slightly dry rather than the usual burning pain so I’m hoping that as time goes by working in a natural environment is going to help reduce symptoms.

Comment

I have been working from home for 5 weeks and unfortunately I haven't noticed any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by orange86 View Post
          i'm better for working at home, i working in the dining room and have natural sunlight coming in the room. No overlight lighting or air con. It's helped me compared to working in the office but i still have dry eyes.
          How has Ikervis helped you? Are you taking it twice a day or just once?

Thanks

Comment

Hi jack, i've been on ikervis for 2 months and maybe a week. in the past week, i've suffered terribly with dry eyes, before it was manageable.

The only think i can point to is that i started to introduce ice cream and sugary treats back into my diet. I believe i may have leaky gut and will look at auto immune protocol (AIP diet).

I've not noticed much difference with ikervis yet so will continue for 6 months and see how my eyes feel.

Comment

Working...
            X