Analogous Serum Drops for Dry Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analogous Serum Drops for Dry Eyes

I have been using the serum eye drops created from my blood for about 9 months now. My eyes have greatly improved to the point where I now feel that I can not be without the drops! The first pharmacy that I used to create the drops was extremely affordable but not near where I live and required a lengthy drive to get there. I switched to a closer pharmacy which charged more for the drops, but was more convenient and still affordable (less than $100 for 8 small bottles of drops). Yesterday, I had my blood drawn ($60 for 8 vials of blood) and had the blood delivered to the pharmacy I have used for the past several refills. The pharmacist called me to let me know they had implemented a price increase for the drops since I had last had the Rx filled in February (last month!) The same amount of drops that formerly cost $99 now will cost $250! Are you kidding me?? I was shocked and asked her why such a drastic price increase and she said something about them getting "a new filter". So, were my drops NOT filtered before?? Needless to say, I am on the hunt for a more affordable place to get the drops.

Oops! Of course I mean AUTOLOGUS Serum Drops! For some reason, the site admin will not allow me to edit the subject/title of my post!

Comment

Even 250 USD I would gladly pay it to be able to try it, and I cannot imagine I could get it here, no matter if I paid 250 USD. Of course I understand that you would rather pay 99 USD than 250 USD.

Comment

When you get your blood drawn how long does it last? How many times a year do you go get your blood drawn

Comment

Glad to hear the serum tears helped you! Do you mind me asking how long did it take to see results? I am on day 3 and waiting impatiently

Comment

Originally posted by avocadoeyes View Post
            Glad to hear the serum tears helped you! Do you mind me asking how long did it take to see results? I am on day 3 and waiting impatiently
            serum can take awhile (from several wks to a few months), you may also need to play with the concentration as well. the idea is that the serum helps you heal the cornea surface, nerves and all. if there is nerve damage, it can take awhile to heal.

Comment

Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post

serum can take awhile (from several wks to a few months), you may also need to play with the concentration as well. the idea is that the serum helps you heal the cornea surface, nerves and all. if there is nerve damage, it can take awhile to heal.
              Have you got any idea if this is merely a nice idea or if it has some validity/research to it? I see in my country they started making serums around 2015 I think

Comment

Originally posted by Bertie Forp View Post

Have you got any idea if this is merely a nice idea or if it has some validity/research to it? I see in my country they started making serums around 2015 I think
                There's a lot of research that serum can heal the corneal surface. It's not very popular relative to other treatment due to blood draw, and precautions needed for handling. imo, there should be more rx into serum since it is very safe if proper pre-cautions are taken.

Comment

Working...
                X