Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night time lubricants cause eye irritation

Hi guys,

I am having trouble finding a night time lubricant that doesn't make my eyes sore/red when I wake.

So far I have tried
    - Xailin
    - Vita pos
    - Hycosan
    - Lacrilube

I have also tried Carbomer 0.2% gel but this seems to evaporate quickly, so my eyes are dry when I wake!

Any advice on what lubricant are soft on the eye?

Thanks

I have the same problem too with things made of vaseline etc. My eyes just stings. I use gels instead when I wake up in the night. I do not know why I react like this, it seems to work for some people.

Comment

Originally posted by Member View Post
      I have the same problem too with things made of vaseline etc. My eyes just stings. I use gels instead when I wake up in the night. I do not know why I react like this, it seems to work for some people.
      What lubricant are you using now?

Comment

Something called Viscotears, the only thing I can tolerate. It comes in single vials.

Comment

Something called Viscotears, the only thing I can tolerate. It comes in single vials.
          Oh, I think that is just Carbomer 0.2% but branded. do you use that at night?

Comment

Have you thought about wearing night shields/eye goggles at night? They trap in moisture naturally so you won’t need to use eye gels.

Comment

Yes, I use a gel containing carbomer each night. I think My eyes react to the preservatives, so I try to avoid eye drops with preservatives.

Interesting with the eye shields - which type would you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by Alix View Post
                Have you thought about wearing night shields/eye goggles at night? They trap in moisture naturally so you won’t need to use eye gels.
                Hi Alix,

I have two pairs and I constantly pull them off my face when I sleep. Tbh, my eye lids shut perfectly, so not sure the outside moisture would do too much?

Comment

Yes, I use a gel containing carbomer each night. I think My eyes react to the preservatives, so I try to avoid eye drops with preservatives.

Interesting with the eye shields - which type would you recommend?
                  The ones I used to have called Oniyx appear to be discontinued. They broke fairly soon after I started wearing them. Not sure what else there is out there on the market.

Comment

Working...
                  X