Computer/ Screen use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer/ Screen use

looking for the different ways people manager computer use, i've bought an e ink phone and considering buying an e ink monitor, virtual reality headsets may also be an option? What else do you guys do to manage computer/ screen use?

turn the blue light blocking filter on - windows 10.
    also do this on your mob phone

Comment

I use f.lux for my computer, and use the EyeCare app for my phone (makes you take regular breaks, and you can also adjust the brightness/blue light). I also have an app (Mac) called TimeOut that locks my screen every 20 minutes so I HAVE TO take a break. Otherwise I'm working for 2 hours before I realise I've not moved.

Comment

I don't wear moisture goggles, but I do have the Blephasteam goggles, and when I have those on I can look at the computer screen with no problem, so I'm sure moisture goggles would help.

Comment

I'm trialling FL41 glasses - they are red/rose tinted glasses. These block out the most irritating wavelengths of blue light (480nm) and some other wavelengths too. Blue-blocking glasses can come in a number of different tints, with each one reducing a particular range of wavelength more than another.

I have blephasteam goggles as well, which while £200, I think are effective.
          Because I suffer from allergies, they prevent me from overheating the eye area, which would otherwise cause overdilation, i.e. further irritation.
          These would need to be plugged in, but you could use them while at a screen. However, I agree with some other people who have said that they are more effective when the eyes are closed.

Comment

I hope you've been doing well since you posted this thread. Managing computer and screen use is indeed important for maintaining eye health. Using an e-ink phone and monitor can help reduce eye strain by providing a more paper-like reading experience. Virtual reality headsets can offer immersive experiences while potentially minimizing eye fatigue.
            Considering the age of this thread, I'm curious to know what solutions you ended up trying and how they worked for you. If you're still looking for a Windows 10 key at an affordable price, you can check out windows 10 key cheap. I hope you've found effective ways to manage your computer and screen use since then.
            Last edited by RylanGalvan; 22-Jul-2023, 13:28.

Comment

Working...
            X