Share your cyclosporine eyedrops experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share your cyclosporine eyedrops experience

I created this topic as I find multiple topics popping up by different people wanting to know other peoples experience as to make a choice if it is worth using these - sometimes - expensive eyedrops. That's why, in order to have a better global idea about this, I propose that people who are or have used cyclosporine eyedrops share their experience.

1) Share the impact it made:
    a) It clearly works for me; b) think it helps; c) Not sure it does anything; d) It clearly does not work for me

2) (optional, but relevant) Cause for cyclosporine eyedrops use and symptoms:
    e.g., (suspected)causes: Partial blinking, screen use, nerve damage, lasik, allergies, nocturnal lagophtalmos, etc. (it might be overlapping)
    e.g., symptoms: inflamed eyelids, dry eyes, ocular rosacea, pain, aqueous tear deficiency, etc.

3) Which kind of cyclosporine eyedrops do you use (brand, e.g. Ikervis, Restasis, 0.05% cyclosporine from sterile lab)

4) How long did you take it or have you been taking it, and after how many months did you feel it took effect if any.

5) How many times (e.g. per day) you instill the eyedrops.
    Last edited by gilles; 25-May-2020, 10:00.

1) c.
    2) dry eyes, inflamed eyelids, ocular rosacea
    3) 0.05% cyclosporine eyedrops from sterile lab (isopto tears preparation)
    4) For almost 7 months
    5) 3 times a day

Extra note: If it wasn't for the 'affordable' price (almost 33 euros), I would have stopped using the drops already as the effect starts to work after 4 weeks and have full effect around 6 months. The reason why is because I don't think it made any improvement for me, and it makes my eyes a bit drier after use, but maybe that has more to do with the isopto tears with which the cyclosporine is mixed to create the eyedrops.
    I've also become a bit more sceptic about cyclosporine eyedrops - this is partly why I created this topic, I admit - since hearing that "Restasis is successful in less than 14% of patients" from some one who has been studying dry eyes for over 30 years (dr. Donal Korb). More about this in this video (with sources).
    Last edited by gilles; 25-May-2020, 10:00.

Comment

1) C
      2) Dry eyes, inflamed eyelids, ocular rosacea -
      3) 1% Ikervis
      4) For 4 weeks

Comment

1) C
        2) Dry eyes, mainly a burning sensation due to aqueous tear deficiency and MGD.
        3) 1% Ikervis (provided free on the NHS in the UK)
        4) 3 months and 1 week.

I hope to god it works as the burning can get horrific sat at work in the office.

Comment

1) Share the impact it made:
          a) I strongly believe it helps for me, it results in better quality medium.

2) (optional, but relevant) Cause for cyclosporine eyedrops use and symptoms:
          MGD

3) Which kind of cyclosporine eyedrops do you use (brand, e.g. Ikervis, Restasis, 0.05% cyclosporine from sterile lab)
          Restasis, BID

4) How long did you take it or have you been taking it, and after how many months did you feel it took effect if any.
          Takes around 3+ months to notice difference, and 6+ months to really kick in.

Comment

There must be more people out there that can respond to this request PLEASE. Will be very grateful.

Comment

1) c) Not sure it does anything

2) causes: Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis which damaged my eye surface, lacrimal and meibomian glands.
              Symptoms: Severe dry eye, no tears / lubrication, inflammation etc.

3) Ikervis

4) About 4 years. Never really felt it's helped a lot, but since I'm a steroid responder (raised eye pressure, cataracts etc.) it's the only anti-inflammation thing they can try that doesn't give me side effects. Hoping Xiidra comes out in UK to see if it's any different.

5) Started with 1 a day, then 2 a day. Eventually they said I could increase it to 4 safely... which I tried for awhile but still no difference in my case.
              Sufferer due to Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis.

Comment

Cyclosporine helped me very much, I noticed change at month 3 and even better results at month 6. I use it for dry eyes after PRK, but I probably have more issues, such as allergies.

Comment

Working...
                X