What to do at night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do at night?

My dry eye gets stronger at night. I have aqueous deficient dry eye.
    Local gels dont help. I wake up 5 times at night and put normal eye drops and go to sleep.
    Tonight I managed to sleep only 2 hours.
    What more can I do?

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    My dry eye gets stronger at night. I have aqueous deficient dry eye.
    Local gels dont help. I wake up 5 times at night and put normal eye drops and go to sleep.
    Tonight I managed to sleep only 2 hours.
    What more can I do?
    During day what treatment are you following?

Comment

In addition to gels, ointments or drops, try wearing night protection like goggles, bubble bandages, or taping your eyes closed. Many people sleep with their eyes ever so slightly open, which allows the night air to further dry out already compromised eyes. I find EyeSeals 4.0 works well for me...when I wear them, I wake up in the morning and my eyes are less dry, so I am not starting off the day with drier eyes than if I didn’t wear them. The EyeSeals are like having artificial lids over your eyes, I can tell it seals out the air because when I wake up the inside of the eye cups have a lot of condensation. But some people move around a lot while they sleep, so bubble bandages or taping their eyes stays on better, and some find those options provide a better seal. You may need to try a few options before finding which works best for you.

https://dryeyeshop.com/collections/nights

Comment

I use organic, virgin, unrefined coconut oil (NOT ANY OTHER KIND) at night and do eye exercises with the oil. With eyes closed and oil in, look up and down many times (like 25x), left to right, and a few circles. Then I put organic tea tree oil (a TINY bit) on the lash line. Do research to make a fully informed decision on the tea tree oil because the jury is out on whether or not it's bad for your eyes but it definitely helps me so I'm doing me.

THEN I use eyeseals 4.0 which are ridiculously large and not made even a little bit for a woman's face. I've never gotten them to last longer than 3 months BUT I found a solution so I don't have to sleep on my back if I don't want to, and to increase the longevity. Buy a cheap mask that have raised eye areas, like this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and put it right over the eyeseals and VOILA!, like magic it keeps everything staying put and serves as a stronger seal than the eyeseals alone. Also, as soon as the eyeseals' clasp is broken, I get another one for free because of their warranty (which, for the price, they better replace).

GOOD LUCK and DON'T GIVE UP. Some days I feel so optimistic. Others I don't want to be alive. But don't give up, we're doing to figure this out. Take care <3

Comment

when you give the warm compress do you feel a salty lump in your throat? like a secretion?

Comment

Thank you all.
            I have opened this thread.
            In day I just put drops, and use moisture chamber googles.
            I have tried Quartz silicone shield
            Very uncomfortable. It seats inside my eye lobes.
            I wonder if EyeSeals 4 will be ok. My face is pretty narrow.
            I think I will try sleeping on my back with moisture chamber googles..
            Last night I have tried Vita pos and felt uncomfortable inside the eyes.
            Anyway, I mange to sleep more this days, usually.
            Thanks all for care compassion and and advise.
            Emotional part of it is important too.
            I agree, Sometimes I feel hopeless and suicidal, and sometimes hopeful and happy.
            Last edited by jivgil; 18-Jul-2020, 03:55.

Comment

I sleep with glad cling wrap pressed around forehead and bridge of nose. Put in your drops . Spread some water around forehead and under eyes so the glad works. Sticky side up, not touching your eyes

Comment

Working...
              X