Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With My Eye Issues

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading these boards the past few months and finally decided to join to see if anyone had any tips/ideas for my eye issues... Its been a 6 month struggle with the the hardest part being unable to wear my contacts and being forced to wear glasses.. .My vision is -5.25 and -4.75 as far as contacts... So i pretty much can't see anything without them. I haven't worn glasses since i was 16 years old (I am 34 years old now and the only time i wore glasses was if i had pink eye or something)... I have worn Alcon Dailies Aqua comfort for 18 years ( i have an astigmatism in my left eye)... I would wear these for 16 hours a day... in college every once in a while i would pass out in them... Anyway, all these had i known what i know now, i would have done things different and given my eyes a break... but i never had any problems until 6 months ago so i never thought twice about it...

6 months ago (right before COVID) i went out with some friends, fell asleep with my contacts then kept them in the whole next day because my son woke me up and i started the day and forgot all about them and they felt fine... The following morning i woke up and my left all was all puffy and red... my right eye wasn't in as bad of shape.... I gave it a couple of days thinking they were just irritated... I ended up going to my optometrist and i had a corneal ulcer in my left eye and not in my right eye... ever since this day i have had problems with both of my eyes... Below is a list of my visits to the optometrist/ophthalmologist... Let me also tell you that my optometrist shut down for 2 months in the middle of this and then i had to find an ophthalmologist that was still open and willing to take me.. My eyes felt sore, some minor stingy every once in a while (not every day), some dryness out the outside corner and very goopy with some stringy mucus type stuff on the inner and middle of the eyes...

2/7 = left eye only Vigamox .5 and preservative free drops (optometrist)
    2/29 = Tobramycin/dexame 0.3-0.1% Sup both eyes (optometrist)
    3/11 = auto-immune test negative (reg doctor)
    3/15 = Told it looks to be allergy related (ophthalmologist 1) took Alaway... Thought this was a joke and decided i need to see someone else.
    3/27 = told hes 80% sure its blepharitis. Acuicyn spray (ophthalmologist 2) My wife had blepharitis literally a month before and after a week it was gone and she hasn't had it since... after two weeks i said i wanted to come back in...
    5/6 = Fluoromethol 0.1% Op Sup both eyes (ophthalmologist 2) was told if this doesnt work he wants to out plugs in.. i didn't know anything about this ophthalmologist and didn't really like the guy.... So when the drops didnt do the trick i didn't want to go back and get plugs without getting another opinion....
    5/11 = Pataday (optometrist) My optometrist opens back up and i am his first patient since he knows i have been waiting and i have been a client for 18 years... He says lets try a different allergy drop... Was to try my contacts to see if maybe that would help me feel better... after about 4 hours in my contacts my eyes just feel real dry and i have to take them off..
    6/1 = Prednisolone Acetate 1% Sus and Ofloxacin Op 0.3% Drop and avenova spray (optometrist) said might want to try Restasis if this doesn't work and will switch my contacts to something else....
    6/12 = systane nighttime ointment (optometrist) When i wake up my eyes were all goopy and sore.. .I found this to just make it worse...

In June my second child is born... I'm happy but miserable because i have been wearing glasses for 4 months and my eyes hurt... I'm talking with the doctor in the delivery room about me eyes (funny i know) and he gave me the name of his doctor... I figure doctors should go to good doctors... So i go to another ophthalmologist...

He looks at my eyes and says yes there's some Blepharitis, but i have something called MGD... Never heard of it at that time... He also said my lids Scurf (Spelling?) was 2 in my left eye and 2.5 in my right eye... My right eye feels worse than my left eye (which had the corneal ulcer)... He said to by a bruter mask (before i was using a wash cloth since i didn't know about the bruter) and continue to massage and clean with Avenova...Come back in 6 weeks... I did what he said and it definitely helped...Im not in any pain really (soreness sometimes at work.. i sit on a computer for 8 hours a day)... i more have a dryness irritation than pain... If i use eye drops it doesnt really do much. I tried my contacts again and after about 4 or 5 hours they get dry... I know i need a different contact if i ever get back in them... So i go back last week and he said my lids are much cleaner but my MGD is still there and that he would like to do the ILUX treatment... I just did the treatment today... He said it will take about 2 weeks to feel the effects of the treatment to see if it really worked....

Im just really frustrated because i hate glasses so much, it really makes doing everything less enjoyable... I'm actually glad we have COVID so i don't have to do much... I just want to be in my contacts or get Lasik (which he said unless we can get the dry eye under control he wont do it)...

I know if cant be a lot worse... but i just thought i would put it out there to see if anyone had any similar issues and maybe some advice.
Working...
X