How do you cope professioally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you cope professioally?

How do all of you cope professionally with the eye redness that comes with dry eye, practically and emotionally? Do you use tinted lenses? How you talk to your colleagues about the issue? Any practical tips for reducing redness without using vasoconstrictors?

I appreciate any thoughts as dealing with this issue professionally can be at times mind-dominating for me.

Thanks, and hope you are all well and healthy!

Sharon

I tend to hide away a little. I do tell my colleagues when my eyes are feeling worse than ever. My main way of coping is just not to look at my eyes. It would just upset me too much.
    Then I ask my husband if my eyes look red but then say Don’t tell me if they are!! LOL! I just try and eat healthily and hop3 that helps with the redness. I wear prescription sunglasses at home, indoors and out,

Comment

I wear tinted lenses nearly everywhere. I'm going to buy some tinted prescription lenses for the first time. The optical shop at my ophthalmologist's office can do custom tinting and gradient tints, so I'm thinking of trying a custom gradient so I don't look so much like a stoner trying to hide the evidence, LOL! But, seriously, the self-consciousness is difficult, and I have a few (just a few) colleagues who will not make eye contact with me. Very painful. I'm starting to learn that some people are just more sensitive to these issues than others, and to let the issue be their issue, not mine.

Comment

Working...
      X