The dreaded redness....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dreaded redness....

As you can read by my title, I've been having trouble with dry red eyes for some time now and literally nothing has made a dramatic difference. Quick history about my eyes, I'm a 31 y/o male and was a long time contact wearer (16 years) and had Lasik about a year and half ago. Before the surgery I had problems with dry eyes and my eyes were slightly red. Once I had Lasik and used artificial tears (before and after surgery)for some time the redness wasn't so bad but now my eyes are always red and look inflamed. I was recently diagnosed with evaporate dry eyes as the cause for my dryness.

As far as treatment has gone so far I've done lipiflow, autologus drops, Xiidra, Lotemax Gel drops, Lotemax Ointment, Prednisolone drops, warm compress, Omega-3 supplements, sleep mask, humidifier and drinking a lot of water(1 Gal/day). My eyes honestly don't seem very dry at all but according to my doctor my tears evaporate pretty quickly (4 sec). Still currently using autologus drops(2 months in), just finished my second month of Xiidra and on my final week of Prednisolone (one drop a day)and I had the lipiflow done about 7-8 weeks ago and I sleep with an ointment. Still not really seeing a big difference.Now she's recommending IPL as an option for treatment as she thinks it would help a lot and says the dryness is causing the redness.

The questions I have are why didn't steroids help at all with the redness (apparently I have no ocular inflammation)? Would it be beneficial to try a drop like Cequa since Xiidra really didn't have an effect? Could the redness be caused by something else? Is IPL a good option or is she just selling this treatment?
Working...
X