Acuvail eyedrops scleral lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acuvail eyedrops scleral lens

Is Acuvail safe for putting 1 drop in each scleral lens along with saline solution to manage pain thru its NSAID properties? thanks for any help on this

You should check with the doctor who fit you with the sclerals. My doctor who fitted me for my Boston PROSE scleral lenses told me only use preservative-free drops, but I have heard people on this forum where sometimes their doctor approved using certain rx drops in their lenses. My doctor told me some preservatives can be absorbed by the lenses and compromise the lenses. Probably good to check first since sclerals are quite expensive! Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply. I did talk to my doctor that made my scleral lenses and he said to give it a shot because they are preservative free. He said do it 1 eye at a time in the beginning and so far it seems like it's helping. Any other opinions or information are welcome. Thanks again

Comment

Hi Fitch. That's great putting Acuvail drops seem to be helping the pain do far. Is your condition related to LASIK, like corneal neuralgia, or something else? Reason I ask is if this works for you, maybe scleral lenses + Acuvail drops will help others with this condition. I've seen a lot of posts from people with corneal neuralgia due to LASIK, and my heart goes out to them. I think many would be interested if this continues to work well to manage your pain, so keep us posted!

Something that has helped greatly diminish my dad's nerve pain and completely eliminated my joint and muscle pain is tart cherry supplements. Although we do not take these to treat eye pain, it is a quite powerful natural pain reliever and anti-inflammatory with no side effects that might help reduce your eye pain. I've had a lot of success using food/supplements to greatly improve my dry eye and overall health. Below is the link to the supplement we take 4x daily, 2 in morning and 2 in early evening:

https://www.amazon.com/Solaray-Tart-.../dp/B00172MWJC

Comment

Thanks So much for your great information. Unfortunately the Acuvail did not work out inside the scleral lens. It still helps before I put my lenses on but I have to wait 15 to 30 minutes before putting my scleral on. Inside the scleral lens I started to get burning and pain and unfortunately after the third day doing it.Yes I have a corneal neuralgia as a result of Lasik. I'm going to check out your link and give it a shot. Thanks again

Comment

Was hoping your idea of using Acuvail drops in your sclerals would work out, but am glad at least it still helps with the pain before putting on your sclerals.

When you try the tart cherry supplements, it may take a week or so of taking it daily before you can tell if it's helping or not. I hope it can give you at least some relief!

Comment

Thanks so much

Comment

Originally posted by Fitch View Post
                Thanks So much for your great information. Unfortunately the Acuvail did not work out inside the scleral lens. It still helps before I put my lenses on but I have to wait 15 to 30 minutes before putting my scleral on. Inside the scleral lens I started to get burning and pain and unfortunately after the third day doing it.Yes I have a corneal neuralgia as a result of Lasik. I'm going to check out your link and give it a shot. Thanks again
                Hi Just wondering how you are doing? Has putting serum in Scleral helped you?

Comment

Originally posted by Fitch View Post
                  Thank you so much for your reply. I did talk to my doctor that made my scleral lenses and he said to give it a shot because they are preservative free. He said do it 1 eye at a time in the beginning and so far it seems like it's helping. Any other opinions or information are welcome. Thanks again
                  Please be very careful with Acuvail drops. My doctor strongly recommends against it because it damages the cornea in long term use. Even the drug company itself mentions that it should not be used for longer than 14 days. In fact its purpose is only for after eye surgeries , to control the pain and meant for very short term usage. It kind of melts the cornea. Surprisingly enough , not all ophthalmologists are aware of this.
                  Best of luck

Comment

Working...
                  X