This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europa scleral Lens

Can anyone shed any light on this type of Scleral Lenses? Best type of Products to use. I currently am using Purilens and Addipak to fill my lens before insertion. I use Boston Cleaner and Boston Soaking Disinfecting solution. I am new to the Scleral Lens but find them very comfortable to wear. I live in Durham, North Carolina and would also like to know if anyone know of Drs in my area that fit these type of contacts. Thanks

Hi Sunshine. That's great you are comfortable with your sclerals as a new user.

Perhaps there's a Europa website where you can locate practitioners near you, similar to this BostonSight Sclerals website:

http://www.bostonsightscleral.org/

I've been using Boston PROSE sclerals for several years. They are rigid gas permeable lenses, like the Europa sclerals. Below are products recommended by the Boston practitioner who fitted me:

Inserting - Rinse lenses with PuriLens saline. Inside each lens, roll around a few drops of preservative-free artificial tears (I Iike Genteal Tears, formerly Tears Naturelle Free), then fill rest with PuriLens. There is also a brand new 10ml size saline similar to PuriLens called ScleralFil I'm about to order from this website's Dry Eye Shop.

While wearing - Use artificial tears as needed over lenses, if eyes still feel dry. I got added comfort by putting a few drops above and below the lens edge on the white/sclera part of eye, and then blinking a few times. This methodology helps drops completely cover the eyeball, and makes a liquid cushion between lens edges and sclera. Especially helps feel more refreshed after several hours of wearing, short of taking out and reinserting lenses. Sometimes using PuriLens over lenses also helps.

Cleaning outside while wearing - Wet a q-tip with Boston Conditioning Solution or PuriLens and rub lightly against the lens. Sort of like a little windshield wiper!

Removing - Use a few drops of PuriLens prior to removing lenses, especially if lenses tend to stick to eye. Will make it easier to remove.

Cleaning - Apply one drop Lobob Optimum Extra Strength Cleaner (ESC) to one side of lenses and rub between fingers/palm for 15 seconds. Repeat on other side of lens. Rinse with PuriLens, then store at least 6 hours in Clear Care Triple Action Cleaner in PROSE Disinfection case.

Plungers - Clean with alcohol wipes daily.

I found the processes to be just as important as the products used. You might change things slightly for what works for you. Hope the above provides some additional insight.
    Last edited by Hokucat; 22-Mar-2017, 23:29.

Comment

Working...
    X