This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROSE at North Shore LIJ

beginning in dec 2013, was diagnosed with limbal stem cell deficiency from having worn contacts for 20+ years. my ophthalmalogist told me to stop wearing my soft contacts for a few months until things cleared up. i was under his care for about 6-7 months when he suggested getting fit for prose lenses. i held off on it until about october 2014, when i made an appointment with dr corina busioc at north shore LIJ in long island, ny.

between october 2014 and feb 2015, i went to dr busioc about 12 or 13 times to get fitted for my prose lenses. from the initial fitting, i felt that they fit very well and my vision was 20/25 or so. the first 6 sessions, i had 2 fittings in a day. one was at 9am, i wore the lenses for 3 hours and returned at 12pm for another fitting/check up. the rest of the appointments were for perfecting the fit.

i have to admit that dr. busioc was very thorough and any comment i made on the fit resulted in her having the BFS lab making new lenses.

my insurance did not pay for the lenses. i paid out of pocket $7,000. without corrected vision, i am probably 20/1000 or legally blind. the lenses have been a god send. no more red eyes.

the cons are that the care of these lenses takes considerably more time and money than soft lenses. a few tips - buy the clear care from aclens.com; the unisol 4 from drugstore.com. if you reorder and use the drugstore cash back, it may come out to $6.99 or so for a box of 3.

another thing i've noticed is that if i'm in a dark restaurant or driving in the suburbs where there are no street lights, my vision w/ the prose lenses suffers. it's enough to be an issue for people who are constantly dark environments.
Working...
X