This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nodule on sclera

I have been wearing PROSE lenses for a year and a half now, and have been very satisfied. I can read and drive again, and I don't have the feeling of sand in my eyes while I am wearing the devices. A few days ago I developed a nodule on the sclera in my right eye. My eye doctor is not sure what it is from, but the scleral lens was irritating it, and the sclera is red and inflamed. She prescribed a drop of Lotemax in my right eye four times a day every day for a week and I'm not supposed to wear the scleral lens in my right eye for a week. The inflammation is subsiding, but the nodule is still there. I am worried that if the nodule doesn't go away I won't be able to continue wearing the lens in my right eye. Without the lens, my eye feels gritty again and my vision in that eye is blurry.

Has anyone had experience with nodules? I don't know whether or not the scleral lens caused the nodule. It does not look like pictures or descriptions of a pinguecula or pterygium, but I have no experience with these so I am not sure. My eye doctor did not use either of those words to describe it, she just called it a nodule. Judy

Hi..

Originally posted by heyjude0701 View Post
    I have been wearing PROSE lenses for a year and a half now, and have been very satisfied. I can read and drive again, and I don't have the feeling of sand in my eyes while I am wearing the devices. A few days ago I developed a nodule on the sclera in my right eye. My eye doctor is not sure what it is from, but the scleral lens was irritating it, and the sclera is red and inflamed. She prescribed a drop of Lotemax in my right eye four times a day every day for a week and I'm not supposed to wear the scleral lens in my right eye for a week. The inflammation is subsiding, but the nodule is still there. I am worried that if the nodule doesn't go away I won't be able to continue wearing the lens in my right eye. Without the lens, my eye feels gritty again and my vision in that eye is blurry.

Has anyone had experience with nodules? I don't know whether or not the scleral lens caused the nodule. It does not look like pictures or descriptions of a pinguecula or pterygium, but I have no experience with these so I am not sure. My eye doctor did not use either of those words to describe it, she just called it a nodule. Judy
    Hi how big are your schlerals? how many millimeter wide?

Comment

I'm not sure how big they are; I know they are large because I couldn't tolerate a smaller diameter scleral lens when I was being fitted for them.

Comment

My PROSE scleral lenses are about 20mm diameter. I had a follow-up visit with the eye doctor. I have to continue the Lotemax and still can't put in the scleral lens for another week. I asked the doctor if she thought the lens caused the nodule. She said she doesn't think so, she said that nodules sometimes develop in dry eyes and the lens irritated it. She said the good news is that the nodule is getting smaller and will probably go away; the bad news is that they usually come back. Judy

Comment

Working...
        X