Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get buffered saline in Europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get buffered saline in Europe?

Can't find any!

Yzhfd
    Avizor is borate buffered. http://www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk...saline-ud.html

Somebody posted about it on the Facebook scleral lens group if I remember right.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Yeah I'd be interested to hear how it works for you? The edetate dissodium is usually listed as a preservative in drops, but I gather in this one it's used in a smaller quantity as a buffer only.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Yzhfd , have you tried filling your sclerals with 2-3 drops of your Thealoz Duo (which I believe comes preservative-free) along with the polyrinse unbuffered saline? Check with your eye doctor first, but I fill my sclerals with 2 drops PF artificial tears, 2 drops serum tears, and Purilens PF buffered saline. Even using buffered saline, including the artificial tears provides me some added comfort. Several people find adding a few drops of PF Refresh Celluvisc artificial tears works best, but if you already find Thealoz Duo comforting, that might help. I’m not personally familiar with Thealoz Duo, but if it is not a preservative free version and/or is thick like an ointment, it cannot be used in the sclerals.
        Last edited by Hokucat; 09-Jan-2019, 16:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokucat View Post
          Yzhfd , have you tried filling your sclerals with 2-3 drops of your Thealoz Duo (which I believe comes preservative-free) along with the polyrinse unbuffered saline? Check with your eye doctor first, but I fill my sclerals with 2 drops PF artificial tears, 2 drops serum tears, and Purilens PF buffered saline. Even using buffered saline, including the artificial tears provides me some added comfort. Several people find adding a few drops of PF Refresh Celluvisc artificial tears works best, but if you already find Thealoz Duo comforting, that might help. I’m not personally familiar with Thealoz Duo, but if it is not a preservative free version and/or is thick like an ointment, it cannot be used in the sclerals.
          Yea it's good to do that, the unbuffered saline i have works pretty well, just wanna test if buffered is better, I have felt a small stinging sometimes when using this saline, nothing too bad.

Comment

I just tried the Avizor buffered saline pods to fill my lenses and it really stung unfortunately. I’ve only just started wearing scleral lenses (I’m in the U.K.) and so far my preference is to full with 3/4 drops of Thealoz duo PF drops and top up with unbuffered saline.

Comment

Working...
            X