This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG Probing - How long should I wait?

I have had moderate to severe dry eye since August 2009. I had contacts in before that, but that is when I stopped putting them in so I would stop waking up with red eye.

I have basically seen my eye doctor like 5 times and we have gone through every page in the book: Systane drops; Restasis; hot compresses; Genteal/Tobrex at night; now we are trying Lacrissert.

I have good tears now, but everytime he says, when he expressed my MGs, that it is like squeezing out toothpaste.

I saw Dr Spagnolo in Maryland in early November. He said that he agreed with my current doctors course of action and would not recommend MG probing as the condition is not serious enough.

I am sitting here with bloodshot eyes at 2 in the afternoon and have spent thousands of dollars so that I can not feel like the wind is ripping my eyes out.

At what point do you think I can go to Dr ****** and say, please do this procedure, open up my glands? I want to say maybe it will heal if I keep giving it time, but I have made so little progress in 4, almost 5 months.

Can anyone here tell how bad they were before they went for the probing or how long they suffered before going through with it?

I have heard from drs in the past that getting this condition under control(I dont mean cured) But to a point where you are comfortable can take many many months. It took me well over a year of expressions to get my eyes in a shape that I was comfortable going out into the elements. I still suffer and am having it pretty bad right now with my dry eye dr still telling me I have a severe case of mgd and I have thought about getting the probing done but I dont hink with only a few months of this you should give up. There is hope and there are so many that improve it just takes time and I know how bad it is to hear time when we feel so horrible.

Comment

Working...
    X