This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Susie28 View Post
    Today I got the MG probing in Würzburg/Germany. Prof. Geerling wasn't there (although I had a appointment with him!!), but a very experienced junior doctor did it. He seemed to be very secure, I wasn't afraid during the procedure. But it was very, very painful!!! The probing took about 45 minutes and every prick caused awful pain:-(
    There are no side effects I think. My eyes are quite normal. But there is no immediate improvement right now. Perhaps the improvement will come when my eyes get some recovery from the poking...
    Hey Sus I'm glad you're still alive!! Hehe

Please keep us updated about your recovery. You say your eyes feel normal but did they feel normal before the procedure?

Are you sure about no side effects? Who said that to you?

I have contacted 8 doctors in Spain who bought the ****** probe but I need to confirm if they are performing this procedure at the moment. I have suffered from chronic dry eye pain/burning/dryness... for more than a year but I'm still hopeful I can recover my glands back, I don't want to rush things and lose that chance.

Please give us more details.

Comment

Hey Chris,

well my eyes haven't improved yet. They feel "normal" -> normal dry. For the last two months my eyes were nearly perfect (I had only problems in air conditionded rooms), but two weeks ago, they become worse again. That's the reason why I didn't quit the probing inspite of my fear.

I still hope for an improvement when my eyes are recovered. the lids are very very swollen and red, I think that comes from the poking. but the dryness hasn't become worse either. So in the worst case I've paid 300 Euro for nothing. But no side effects right now.

I'll keep you posting. At the end of the week, I'll get my ciclosporin with liposme, perhaps this will bring some relief for my eyes. I'll let you know the results!
      Please don't hesitate to correct my English - I'm still learning

Comment

Beatles116 couldn't have said it better!!!

It's not a matter of probing working or not working. Immediately after it is done it should work to some degree as it unclogs the MGs reducing inflammation and all the problems that come with it.

You can also use a fugo needle to do the probing. On the tape below they mention its length being 2.1 mm. This is a distracting bit of information we have no use for. What is important for us to know is the diameter of the needle and how good the hands using it can be at finding the exact location of each orifice that needs to be punctured. A very thin needle, magnifying lenses, and expertise are needed when the goal is for the needle to go into the very center of the clogged orifices to create a an outlet without also creating scar tissue.

It only gets troublesome when the right spot is missed which can often happen unless the MG's are so visibly inflamed with white heads which are easy to spot. When there is blood coming out of them scar tissue is likely to form around it and this is when problems begin because the presence of scar tissue around the exit points will make it easier for them to get clogged in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UxPZ...eature=related
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V99HBOHiR3E
        Last edited by Ariel; 16-Aug-2010, 09:44.

Comment

Working...
        X