No announcement yet.

Probing - Pros and Cons

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Probing - Pros and Cons

    Hey all,

    I have an appointment with a quite "famous" doctor in the south of Germany on Monday. I made this appointment in hope of getting a relief/treatment/diagnosis. Anyway, he is doing the probing and said that in case I'm a good candidate for it he'll do it right away - I'm scared and I don't know if I want that probing. I want relief- that's for sure but I don't want to take any risks.

    So what are the pros and cons / chances and risks of probing?

    I'm sure he'll tell me there aren't any risks- another doctor told me the same before they took a nevus out of my left eye - I had three operations afterwards because it didn't heal any my eyes are still more red than before. I never want to put my eyes at such a risk again. I will have to make a decision right away on Monday as traveling to that place is quite expensive for me so that I cannot afford to go home, think about it and get back within a few weeks.

  • #2
    Oh oh, I think I have made you insecure with all my postings about MG probing risks. Sorry!!!
    I still think the probing is a good thing especially if you have blepharitis with clocked meibomian glands. But it depends on your dry eye situation if you want to do the probing (with its non-experienced risks) or if not.
    If you really need an improvement, I would do it. Definitly. But if you can live with your actual dry eye condition... perhaps I would wait until there are more reports about this procedure.
    I'm insecure, too... If you quit, I think I'll quit, too... If you do the probing.. and if you gain an improvement, I think I'll do it, too... But I still don't know.
    Did you write to Prof. Geerling, too? What did he answer?
    Oh dear, what sould we do?
    Please don't hesitate to correct my English - I'm still learning


    • #3
      So how have you decided?

      Hey Stephgurl,
      how are you? Have you had the probing? If yes, how was it? Are you feeling better now?
      I'm very curious because I still haven't made a decision if I sould cancel my probing appointment or not... Perhaps you can help me with my decision?
      Please don't hesitate to correct my English - I'm still learning


      • #4
        Dr. geerling said that I'm not a candidate for probing! I'm happy I didn't have to make a decision as my glands are open. I'll write you a PM laster this week and let you know more about my appointment and what I think of Dr. Geerling...


        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove