Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probing - Pros and Cons

Hey all,

I have an appointment with a quite "famous" doctor in the south of Germany on Monday. I made this appointment in hope of getting a relief/treatment/diagnosis. Anyway, he is doing the probing and said that in case I'm a good candidate for it he'll do it right away - I'm scared and I don't know if I want that probing. I want relief- that's for sure but I don't want to take any risks.

So what are the pros and cons / chances and risks of probing?

I'm sure he'll tell me there aren't any risks- another doctor told me the same before they took a nevus out of my left eye - I had three operations afterwards because it didn't heal any my eyes are still more red than before. I never want to put my eyes at such a risk again. I will have to make a decision right away on Monday as traveling to that place is quite expensive for me so that I cannot afford to go home, think about it and get back within a few weeks.

Oh oh, I think I have made you insecure with all my postings about MG probing risks. Sorry!!!
    I still think the probing is a good thing especially if you have blepharitis with clocked meibomian glands. But it depends on your dry eye situation if you want to do the probing (with its non-experienced risks) or if not.
    If you really need an improvement, I would do it. Definitly. But if you can live with your actual dry eye condition... perhaps I would wait until there are more reports about this procedure.
    I'm insecure, too... If you quit, I think I'll quit, too... If you do the probing.. and if you gain an improvement, I think I'll do it, too... But I still don't know.
    Did you write to Prof. Geerling, too? What did he answer?
    Oh dear, what sould we do?
    Please don't hesitate to correct my English - I'm still learning

Comment

So how have you decided?

Hey Stephgurl,
      how are you? Have you had the probing? If yes, how was it? Are you feeling better now?
      I'm very curious because I still haven't made a decision if I sould cancel my probing appointment or not... Perhaps you can help me with my decision?
      Please don't hesitate to correct my English - I'm still learning

Comment

Dr. geerling said that I'm not a candidate for probing! I'm happy I didn't have to make a decision as my glands are open. I'll write you a PM laster this week and let you know more about my appointment and what I think of Dr. Geerling...

Comment

Working...
        X