This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG Probing

I had a bad case of MGD. Dr. ****** performed the MG Probing on my eyes. I noticed a great improvement within one day. Secondly, he addressed the reasons behind the MGD. I had SLKs the surface of both eyes, and a large mass of veins on each eye. He resurfaced both of my eyes. My eyes are now comfortable.

He did say that the probing would probably last about a year on average.

What are SLKs? I don't understand about the mass of veins in ea eye. And did he do PTK?

Comment

An SLK is superior limbal keratoconjunctivitis. I think there are a number of types. The type I had in both eyes is a wrinkling or looseness of the conjunctivia, due to the tolerance between the globe and eyelid being too tight. The too tight tolerance is due to inflammation (I think) of MGD. Anyway, when this looseness is appears on the conjunctiva, any change in climate, blinking, or any small disturbance causes more inflammation. It's a complication of DES. The mass of veins in each eye was due to overuse of vascular constrictors (Visine). He removed both of these problems in order to reconstruct the surface of each eye.

Comment

Chemia,
        Thanks for your thorough explanation. I think there is some variations in the types of SLKs. I will get a better explanation on my next post-op visit. My doctor actually had mentioned that my type was in a family of SLKs.

Comment

How much does this procedure cost?

Comment

Chemia,
            Do you experience any kind of pain from the SLK? Say, from the upper portion of your eyeball?

Comment

Working...
            X