Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance Cover Meibomian Gland Probing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Cover Meibomian Gland Probing?

Hi everyone I was wanting to bring up an important topic.

I was looking to get the Meibomian gland Duct Probing surgical Procedure done and I was wondering if you all had an Experience with the Procedure. What's to Be Expected, Whats the Cost and lastly, Have any of you gotten your standard insurance Carrier to Cover the Procedure.

If your not quite familiar what I am talking about look up Dr Steven L ****** in Miami Florida. He is the one who invented the surgical Procedure for meibomian gland Dysfunction Dry eye.

Answers Please:

hey, it was covered for me in Boston. I did it 2 times in different practices here

Comment

Did you live in Boston? Or What Insurance Company did you have?

Comment

United health and blue cross

Comment

That's Great news I hope to find Success, Did you get relief with Meibomian gland Duct probing?

Comment

I had eyelid probing in Kansas City, Missouri by Dr. Joseph Tauber. Dr. Tauber learned this technique through Dr. ******. I moved to Florida within the last year and have now been under care with Dr. Steven ******. Dr. ****** is located in Tampa, not Miami. I was covered under my traditional medicare with both doctors. You can look these doctors up on line, call their toll free offices for more information and costs. The eyelid probing helps a great deal. It is quick, simple, and done in the doctors office. I recommend it. Good Luck.

Comment

I do not think there is an actual insurance code for meibomian gland probing. The code some doctors used was for "laceration" not probing. I do not think an insurance company would come back to the patient for an incorrect submission to medicare. I will do some research on this next week.

Comment

Working...
              X