Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some erythromycin but I never gave it a chance. Maybe I should try it? Did you order azasite or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
      I have some erythromycin but I never gave it a chance. Maybe I should try it? Did you order azasite or something?
      I had some Azyter (topical azithromycin PF) that I got while travelling -- too bad I didn't get more

Comment

Geez, that doctor had the worst bedside manner ever! And you know he's not right when he says stop looking, because you have been able to find some things, like doxy, that make your eyes feel a little better. The fact that doxy does help you, really makes me think finding the right diet and/or supplements to address rosacea and possibly monthly hormonal imbalances from the inside out will be key.

How did the doctor determine all your glands are open? Did he press on all of them with his fingers, a qtip, special tool, etc. to see if oil was secreted? Assuming he is correct, sounds like he's taking the safest route to prevent potential damage to glands that are already open. But I think if a doctor is truly skilled at probing, the risk of probing damaging an opened gland would be very small.

I can't recall if you already tried IPL, but have read that is helpful for treating skin rosacea, so may also help the eyes, if caused by the same.

Comment

Yeah I already eat super clean/paleo diet. I am unsure I could go any more strict? Maybe eat even more veggies? I definitely have some sort of hormonal imbalance so maybe seeing an endocrinologist may help. I'm just so disappointed as I had to take a two hour flight and then drive an hour to get there. He was by far the worst doctor I've ever seen.

He did testing and pushed on all my glands. Said without a doubt, they are all open and my oil is 90 percent normal? If this was the case I wouldn't have burning eyes all the time!!

Anyway, thanks for the support guys

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
            Yeah I already eat super clean/paleo diet. I am unsure I could go any more strict? Maybe eat even more veggies? I definitely have some sort of hormonal imbalance so maybe seeing an endocrinologist may help. I'm just so disappointed as I had to take a two hour flight and then drive an hour to get there. He was by far the worst doctor I've ever seen.

He did testing and pushed on all my glands. Said without a doubt, they are all open and my oil is 90 percent normal? If this was the case I wouldn't have burning eyes all the time!!

Anyway, thanks for the support guys
            What is your TBUT? I have 80% of my glands open and I feel burning all the time too ... I'm wondering if I (and u) have aqueous and mucin problems as well? Are you on restasis as well?

Comment

Faith1989 Have you heard of optimel drops or manuka honey? Many here have found them to be helpful in MGD. I just started applying very thin layer on my eyelid margins twice daily in hopes that it will help my MGD. I imagine it works like doxy or azasite because it is naturally anti-bacterial/inflammatory.

Comment

Faith1989 FYI to Canadians. Dr Albert Ng has IPL; he claims to be trained by Toyos. uptowneye.ca also has IPL but I believe their setup is different than Toyos. They seem to use the same setup as standard skin IPL.

Comment

Working...
                X