This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried Dr. M's probing - no help

Hi, just thought I'd let you know about my experience. It was the most painful thing you could imagine. I had such hope it would make a difference, but honestly, it didn't - not one bit. I suspect my glands blocked up pretty quickly, too. It cost $4000 along with related tests and the exam - plus travel expenses. And I agree that repeated treatments would probably make your eyelids all stretched out.

Comment

• Sorry that the probing didn't help! I had it done locally and the doctor told me before he did it that he was worried that my mgs were atrophied and not producing anything. He was right and he couldn't express anything out after the probing. Even though most doctors don't agree with me, plugging up the sink (punctal occlusion) is the only thing that has saved my eyes. My problem is that the stopper keeps coming out even with cautery!

Comment

• Yeah, my mgs are totally atrophied from taking accutaine as a teenager - the root of all my problems in fact. The probing was still supposed to help because it helped rid my lids of some of the chronic infection.

Comment

• a bit of clarification

Also, I wanted to clarify that for me I was hoping the probing would not only make my eyes feel less dry but help me tolerate my contact lenses better. I have trouble with them fogging up while I wear them. It was this in particular that did not respond, but some of the tenderness I felt in my dids did improve some. Others may find their dry eye improve with the procedure.

Comment

• How do you know if your glands are atrophied? Did your Dr. try a meibography? Because that's what tells you if MGs are present or absent.

I took Accutane 3 years ago and it took a long time before I could notice dry eyes (months after treatment). Then I developed blepharitis and finally obstructive meibomianitis.

When exactly did your eye problems start ?

Comment

• All I know is what my doc told me....the probing pushed through the obstructions and no oil would come out. ******'s video of probing shows oil coming out, if I remember correctly, after the procedure. The fugo blade video in India shows oil coming out after the procedure. If I have mgs and they are working, then oil should have come out after the procedure.

Comment

• I honestly think that Inflammtion stops then from working as well as blocking them.. otherwise you would get a huge buildup and fat eyelids.

Also, the oil may be thick- but should come out like toothpaste.

So id say the first thing could be your prob- you have alot of inflammtion going on.
                I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Working...
                X