This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having Problems after plugs inputted & removed

If anyone can offer any advice it is greatly appreciated.

2 weeks ago I had punctual plugs inserted as a results of dry eyes from contact use. Please note that I only have dry eye problems when wearing the contacts. My eyes felt fine prior when I am not wearing contacts with only very minor dryness.

I had the plugs removed about 2 hours after they were inserted because of how uncomfortable they were. My problems started about 1 1/2 days later.. Here are my symptoms..

-Left eye feels pain/pressure
    -numbing/tingling/achy feeling just below left eyebrow and in the inner corner of my eye and nose
    -sinus pressure around the eyes (worse on left then right)
    -Left eye feels dry, gritty at times then watery and the feeling that something is in there other times.
    -when i cry my worse eye (left) drains slower then the other eye
    -my left nose feels more congested than right
    -when i blink left eye feels sticky
    -burning feeling underneath eyelid

I went back to the opthamologist to see if there was some problem with my ducts and he said no. I then went to my family doctor who said it sounded more like sinus problem and I have been taking allery sinus medication with a decongestant for the past few days with some relief but the left eye achy, numbing/tingly feeling under my eyebrow has been consistent regardless of the medication or pain killers I take. I'm not sure which doctor I should be seeing at this point.

Did the plug insertion/deletion cause some type of structural damage/change? Is there an obstruction? I never had any problems with my eyes (other than dryness when wearing contacts) prior to that procedure being done. I do have very occasional sinus problems (but they only last a day at most). This has been going on for like 2 weeks. Should I go back to the opthamologist (find a new one) and ask them to probe around in my ducts?

Maybe you have an eye infection?? It would be worth asking about if you haven't already...

Comment

It's likely just a coincidence. I've had plugs insterted and removed numerous times with no problems. I'd def see another doctor and see what they say. Good luck!

Comment

The plug insertion and removal should not cause the symptoms described. And having the plugs in for such a short time further suggests the discomfort is not from the procedures.

Just an aside, I have found the Nedi pot to be great for my sinus issues.

Comment

Working...
        X