This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-quoting

Should I be able to see a multi-quote button as well as the 'quote' button at the bottom of each post? How do I quote several posts in one reply?

Thanks
    The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

I'm way behind on software upgrades despite having a really nice longtime member (you know who you are) volunteer to help. Good reminder to me to get on this at last!

Until we have a multi-quote button here's what I do. Maybe someone else has a better way.

I use the "Quote" button so as to get the whole post copied over into my post.

Then I choose the bits I want to quote/respond to individually. Surrounding each quote you need to have "[ quote ]" before, and "[/ quote ]" (no spaces though) afterwards. So while you're typing your post it would look like this EXCEPT THAT THERE WOULD BE NO SPACES before/after the brackets. (I had to put those in to make this display properly.)

[ quote ]here's what the other guy said that I'm quoting[/ quote ]

Here's my response

[ quote ]here's the second quote[/ quote ]

Here's my response

etc.

Then I delete any extraneous text or quotes etc.

Hope this helps.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

A couple of methods... do whatever you find easier!

Hit the quote button... copy what you see there into a Notepad doc... repeat for all the stuff you want to quote... fill in whatever you want to add... go back to the forums, and paste it all into a reply.

Or,

Hit the quote button, hit Ctrl-C and copy everything... go back to forums, hit quote button for the next thing you want to copy... hit Ctrl-V to copy the previous quote into the reply box... now you will have 2 quotes in there... repeat as often as needed until you've quoted everything you want... add in your comments, preview it, then submit!

Edit: Looks like Rebecca and I were typing at almost the same time lol Didn't see her post until after mine was up!
      Last edited by SAAG; 26-Aug-2010, 12:46.

Comment

Thanks for such fast replies! Prepare to see me multi-quoting all over the forum now
        The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

Comment

Working...
        X