Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you get a warning from Norton or other anti virus software...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you get a warning from Norton or other anti virus software...

I'd really appreciate if you could try to copy/paste the whole error and the URL in an email to me or a post here... might be helpful tracking down what's causing it. Now and then lately I've had emails about people's virus catchers saying DEZ is unsafe, and it happened again today but the host has scanned the entire site and they say there's nothing wrong. So other than inaccurate danger messages I'm not sure what to conclude.

Thanks!!
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Hi Rebecca - I just searched for Biotears based on a post (wasn't sure if it was a drop or supplement) and my Norton gave the DEZ a "red X". Here is the link: http://safeweb.norton.com/report/sho...om&action=info
    Hth!

Comment

Yes, actually, I have been getting some occasssional malware after visiting this site ... Something called Windows Recovery pops up and then in a few minutes my computer crashes. I just take it to the IT people at work and they fix it, but it has happened 3 times.

Comment

I've also in the last several days been getting a virus scan thing popping up - I will post it when it comes up again.

Comment

Windows Vista Recovery Virus

Originally posted by NeedMyEyes View Post
          Yes, actually, I have been getting some occasssional malware after visiting this site ... Something called Windows Recovery pops up and then in a few minutes my computer crashes. I just take it to the IT people at work and they fix it, but it has happened 3 times.
          I got the same virus last week when visiting the site, had to take it in to an IT guy and luckily he was able to recover all my data and remove the virus.

Comment

Well it's a mystery to me... I just had another report of it and my host scanned the site again. Nothing. I don't know what to make of it.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

I can't go anywhere on the dryeyezone today without the Malware Blocked warning.

URL: http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/clientscr...
              Process: file://C:\Program Files\Internet Explore...
              Infection: html:Iframe-inf

Comment

Working...
              X