Edit function not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit function not working?

I tried to edit a post today and the edit function didn't work. The post came up in the usual way when I pressed the edit button, but instead of my post appearing in the window, the window was blank.

I tried to edit using different browsers and different devices and the same thing happened each time.

I don't post often, so I wondered if I was missing something. I've never had this happen before.

Any suggestions?

I really wanted to fix those darned typos!

That happens to me sometimes - no text there in edit. Good for the soul, I guess
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

That happens when there's non ascii chars in text, try it and see.
      Last edited by justbob; 07-Apr-2015, 05:34.
      prevention is better than cure, but not for eyes?

Comment

There's no edit button on my posts.

Comment

dryeyekat, could be if you're not logged in.

That happens when there's non ascii chars in text, try it and see.
          Thanks, Justbob. I tried it. He's right. It was £ and [n-line]. Don't let him get away...
          Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

I have personally had issues with this crappy time-out function that will log you off within a certain amount of time. It's always irritating when I am typing out a message and an error pops up out of nowhere. When I hit the backspace while the error message is up it will go to the previous url deleting everything that I had typed. As the previous person stated, just make sure you are logged in.

Comment

Working...
            X