X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No new threads in the ARCHIVES folders

Dear all,

Just want to let you know that we are going to be changing the forum setup so that new threads cannot be started in the TOPICAL ARCHIVE folders. You're still free to reply to existing threads there, just not create new ones there. This makes moderating easier. Previously, I simply put a note on those folders requesting people not to post new threads there, but in a very large bulletin board like this it's easy to overlook little things like instructions.

NOTE FOR NEWCOMERS (and old-timers for that matter):

All threads on any topic are welcome in the Open Forum.

All NEW threads should be started in the open forum or any of the foums within the sections called WELCOME, COMMUNITY or MARKETPLACE.

The purpose of the TOPICAL ARCHIVES is to make it easy for people to scan discussions on a specific topic without having to pick through search results.

The topical archive sections (which is basically everything from Goop, Plugs, Restasis etc. down to the bottom of the home page) are reserved for ME to file threads in. You can post replies or additional questions to threads that already exist in those topical archives, but not start new topics there.

After a thread in the Open Forum has become dormant - this is, when it drops off the first page and hasn't been replied to for awhile - I move it to the topical archives (if it is mostly on a topic for which we have a folder) but leave a 'redirect' in the Open Forum so that threads you're looking for don't just disappear.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Okay .........

Comment

Working...
    X