Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is going on? Lots of technical diffuculties!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on? Lots of technical diffuculties!

Hi. My usual username is Isis but I had to make a whole new account because I tried to change the email address for my old account. When I did this, it said a confirmation email was sent to my new email address so I could verify the email address change. I never recived a confirmation email so I couldn't even post in the forums using my account. I then decided to make a whole new account and a confirmation email wasn't sent to that one either. I was getting very frustrated so I made a whole new account with a new email address and finally I got a confirmation email with a link to activate my account. That's how I am posting this.

My question is why can't I use my old account just because I changed my email address? That does not make sense. It's like changing your email address is not an option on this site. If you try to, your account is useless. You can no longer post in the forums and participate in discussions. Why don't new people who register get confirmation emails with a link to activate their account? I had to create about 3 different email addresses before I finally got a link. I actually emailed the administrator about 6 times with no response.

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble you had. I am not sure why you did not get a response but I'll check with the webmaster.

If you do not receive the confirmation email, the most likely explanation is that it got stuck in a junkmail filter. We get that kind of thing happening all the time.

I have never heard of someone having trouble just from changing the email, although the system may require a new confirmation when you do it. Please email me your new email address and I will manually update your old account. I will email you to confirm, with a temporary password.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks for the very fast reply! You are always so helpful.

Comment

Working...
      X