X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• irish eyes
    replied
    Hi Bjorn

As risk factors increase, so does the condition.

Lasik, medication side effects, increasing computer use, aging population are just some of the factors.

My eyes have always been on the dry side but when things really kicked in with a vengeance, I thought I was the only person in the world who was suffering such excruciating discomfort. There were probably thousands of people in a smiliar position but techology enables us to share experiences.

Leave a comment:

• bjornbjorn
    started a topic How come there's such an Increase

How come there's such an Increase

I am a sufferer of dry eyes and have been for a couple of years. It seems to be getting worse and worse as time goes on. I am worried what it will be like in 10 years from now. I was just wondering how come there is such an increase in dry eyes. I can imagine 30 years ago 20 years ago and even 10 years ago there wasn't nearly as many people with dry eyes. So why now? What has changed and what are we doing different that there are 60 million people in the U.S. and Canada that have dry eyes. I am quite confused on how that could be and nobody has come up with an answer to this that I am aware of. There is no Cure for this. There are only things to help you along the way. Why is this and what is different now compared to back then. If anyone has any ideas let me know.
Working...
X