X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep

Sleep is difficault
    I sleep for no more then 2-3 hours, and wake up with dry eyes and pain. then I find it hard to sleep.
    My eyes also dont rest this way.
    I tried saran wrap and tranquilizers, and it wont help. Just disturb.
    I use duolube cream( petrolatum based).
    Gentil irritates my eyes. I tried duratears, viscotears,vitapos, but they do nothing.
    Is there anything I can do?

Tape?

Bandage contact lenses if you can talk your optometrist into it? Might at least give you a break for a few nights.

I'm sorry. Losing a healthy night's sleep due to eye pain & erosions is one of the most debilitating things people here face.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

sleep

Hi

I am nearly 3 years post lasik and about 18 months ago was my lowest point due in the main to lack of sleep. I understand what you are going through and how debilitating it is. My breakthrough came when my GP prescribed Amitriptyline which is used, among other things, as a nerve end pain killer. I took 10 mg every night and by day 5 I had my first full nights sleep in nearly a year and a half. It was overwhelmingly good! It was also as if it had broken my body's 'habit' of waking me up in pain. I slowly stopped taking it and now only use it if I have 1 or 2 nights broken sleep.

I can't tell you how much better I coped with the daily grind of dry eye pain, knowing I would get some relief in the form of a good nights rest. I also use Celluvisc last thing at night. Hope this helps. Good luck. Liz

Comment

also lack of sleep

I have been dealing with this for only 12 weeks. I also have severe stabbing pains into 3 to 4 hours of sleep. I am wide awake!!!!! It is now app. 4:30 AM (my time) and I have been up since 3:00 AM in the morning. I have tried everything too and plus I have a doctor who does want to help!!! All this does is add to the turmoil and troubles!!!!!

Comment

Not

I forget to type - NOT

The doctor does NOT want to help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I am cured!

The amazing thing, is that I have been completely cured.
            Since tuesday I havent used a single drop, and I feel great.
            2.5 years of broken sleep, since refractory surgury, and now I can sleep.
            On monday I still woke up terrified in the night, and even woke up my parents in my enxiety. Probably even when phisically I was better,I was so stressed,that I couldnt notice.
            A day after I feel so much better, and sleep so well.
            I sleep like a log after all this time.
            I've never thought it will be so good to sleep.
            Yesterday I went for a walk along the beach, with all the wind, and today I went to the sweeming pool. Just some time ago I could hardly walk at work because of the wind of my own walking.
            I am going to write a new thread with my story.

Comment

Working...
            X