This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fifth LipiView

I had my fifth LipiView yesterday. Here's my updated chart.

As you can see, my lipid layer thicknesses declined (i.e., worsened) again. I was told that the protocol isn't defined yet about how to use LipiView and I should go by the physical exam by the doctor (which of course then showed that I had improved -- I didn't bother to discuss double-blind research and experimenter's bias!!!!).

Anyway, I'm very curious to see what happens next. There have been no studies published on LipiFlow AND LipiView. Meaning, Korb et al. have never combined the two. If TearScience finds out (or maybe they already know?) that LipiView does not measure the lipid layer, how are they going to separate the machines (i.e., LipiView and LipiFlow)?

Or, I suppose, just as likely, LipiFlow does not increase the lipid layer at all. So, there's no need to measure anything.

Hmmmm.
    Last edited by spmcc; 01-Apr-2012, 15:49.

spmcc..do you feel better? do you think the treatments have helped? insurance doesnt pay does it?
    Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
      spmcc..do you feel better? do you think the treatments have helped? insurance doesnt pay does it?
      No, I don't feel any better. I've had a little improvement the last week or so but that's because it has warmed up slightly (i.e., spring is here). Strangely, that improvement was not revealed in my LipiView scores!!!

Insurance doesn't pay for anything. I paid ~$2000 for each treatment (LipiFlow) and ~$130-140 for each measurement (LipiView).

I do know that some places in the States are offering "low introductory prices" on LipiFlow (~$1000).

Comment

Working...
      X