This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Tea Cold Compresses

I used cold green tea - tea bags on my eyes yesterday. They seemed to soothe my eyes. I have had three bad weeks after 1-1/2 years of reality comfort. I was shocked. I've been on new medication though. I was put on blood pressure medication and statins for cholesterol management. Neither information sheet in the side effects mentioned that they could dry eyes. However, I spoke with a pharmacists who search it out for me and said that both can dry eyes. I quit the statin and blood pressure meds for a while to see if it improved. It has improved. Now what to do. LOL
    GOGO

Originally posted by Gogo
    I used cold green tea - tea bags on my eyes yesterday. They seemed to soothe my eyes. I have had three bad weeks after 1-1/2 years of reality comfort. I was shocked. I've been on new medication though. I was put on blood pressure medication and statins for cholesterol management. Neither information sheet in the side effects mentioned that they could dry eyes. However, I spoke with a pharmacists who search it out for me and said that both can dry eyes. I quit the statin and blood pressure meds for a while to see if it improved. It has improved. Now what to do. LOL
    You should consult with your physician about the dry eye side effects from the medications. Stopping blood pressure and cholesterol medications should be with physician supervision. Please check with your doctor if you haven't already.

Interesting that you tried cold green tea bags on your eyes. I just tried chamomile tea bags over the weekend. I didn't expect long-lasting relief or anything but they were nice and cool and most importantly to me, light weight. For some reason I cannot tolerate anything that weighs more than a feather on my eyelids.
    Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

As a tea lover.........

this makes excellent recycling sense. I shall try this!
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Doctors Supervision

Originally posted by Cindy
        You should consult with your physician about the dry eye side effects from the medications. Stopping blood pressure and cholesterol medications should be with physician supervision. Please check with your doctor if you haven't already.

Interesting that you tried cold green tea bags on your eyes. I just tried chamomile tea bags over the weekend. I didn't expect long-lasting relief or anything but they were nice and cool and most importantly to me, light weight. For some reason I cannot tolerate anything that weighs more than a feather on my eyelids.

Yes, I've spoken with my doctor. We are doing our own experiment. I'm going back on the blood pressure medication and see if that is the culprit. I may go back onto the statin alone to see if that is it. If I combine them again and get a reaction it could be, as the doctor said, "a drug interaction." Just another branch on the path of this disease.
        GOGO

Comment

Working...
        X