Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many different types of eye drops may we need to be using at the same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many different types of eye drops may we need to be using at the same time?

I have blepharitis, MGD, and I also have allergies although I've tested negative.

I'm using cyclosporine with liposomes at 1% which is helping me a great deal but as allergies, bacterial infections, and blepharitis flare-ups also came into the picture I feel that cyclosporine needs to be supplemented with allergy and antibiotic eye drops. Taking cyclosporine for perpetuity is not complicated but when it comes to supplementing its use with eye drops for a completely different purpose it makes it more confusing.

1 How do you know when it's time to add an allergy or antibiotic drop to the mix?
    2 How do you know which one of the two is needed? My eyes just hurt and I don't know if they're responding to an allergic reaction or a bacterial infection.
    3 Assuming that you know what allergy or antibiotic drop your eyes need, for how long should you be using it?

All the symptoms associated with DE and MGD are still very new to me and I don't what to be putting all kinds of eye drops on my eyes out of desperation without knowing what I'm doing.
    Last edited by Ariel; 08-Aug-2010, 05:27.
Working...
X