This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FML Steriod

Has anyone else had the sickly effect of FML? I've just been put on it due to allergies causing friction causing inflammation, i also get a "toxic" like feeling in the back of my mouth??? Has anyone else heard of this or experienced it, i've only just started the eye drops and getting others today.

Did they show you how to close the puncta? (tear drains) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgodZZ2N2wY (Moorfields Eye Hospital 'Putting in your eye drops'). Tears drain to back of throat through nose sinuses http://emedicine.medscape.com/articl...92-overview#a2 (Medscape 'Nasolacimal system anatomy') so if puncta are not closed, we taste them at back of throat.

I always try to reduce systemic absorption of steroid, and clean off excess from around the eyes with warm water on cotton wool (can thin skin).

If you think you have a reaction to steroids, phone the Eye Clinic Triage Nurse urgently for advice and/or urgent appointment. Hopefully they will have organised an eye pressure check after starting steroid. If not, ask an Optometrist to test eye pressures with a non-contact tonometer.

What other eyedrops are you getting today, Epicjinx?
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

I seen the leaflet but I dunno where I put it, thanks for this I will do this when I put them in again. Before I got the steroid I got my pressure checked, well in using fml 3x times with 2 drops per eye then go down from there, 2 times with 2 drops, etc. I got vitapos for the morning awakening because sometimes my eyes are glued shut. Also emustil 2x times 2 drops per eye, I want to see how that goes. I've ordered ocusoft, and Thera tears nutrition aswell but one issue was two different box designs and one seller was selling 3 boxes and other was selling one they both had same epa and dha so I picked the other, warm compresses I might go up to three instead of two. I got a grading of 2 on a scale of 4. Which ain't great but hey, I have another appointment with Peter ivins in a few weeks to see how I'm doing I guess. It's a huge pain with my oil glands I thought I was doing better but not really. When I got a video shown to me and my bf about how well my oil is working it's quite poor.... I think he was going to prescribe doxy not sure because of allergies and glands but did mention something about if he did prescribe it, it would affect my skin due to summer and that it kills the allergy itself. I have videos I'm going to view on a computer at some point, it's just my allergies which is like a bump or something on both lower Lids below my glands. My eyes itself are healthy and due to my eyes not being entirely red as to what he said he didn't think I needed inflammdry test performed. I have 4 seconds and need it to 10. It's just a little discouraging as I thought I was doing well when I haven't really. Just an update too. More info on the update page on here somewhere. My bf thinks I can get better, me... I'm not so sure, I just want to get my oil quality better as most of my oil glands itself are open a few are plugged but not too bad he says it was a 5 he got out every time which was good. Sorry for the long reply lol

Comment

What do you think you're allergic to, Epicjinx? Can you get new pillows and bedding and get your rooms free of allergens? We always wash towels and sheets at 60 degrees. Also used to have net curtains which caught a lot of pollen etc. Many people get really sensitive to eye drops too. Did he take you off anti-allergy drops? Could be too many chemicals. At the moment, we use Simple face and hair products, Method cleaning products, Surcare NonBio washing liquid. Just trying to reduce the chemical load. You think your eyes are flaring up to anything like that? Have you got any piercings, by the way? Long time ago, someone here had nickel allergy. Can also get an eye flare or even uveitis from tattoos, I read, but very rare.
        Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

i suspect dust but not entirely sure, i told him how im taking anti-allergy tablets certizine and he well told me to stop because its no effect, i do have a nose piercing- septum. ive never had allergies even when i had it at 17 so allergies are new to me, even got told even if i got an allergy test how am i to avoid it all or whatever im allergic to it.

Comment

Working...
          X