This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluorometholone Question I

I am on Fluorometholone ophthalmic suspension (0.1%) doing one drop 3X daily in each eye. This is part of a ramped up Bridge Regimen of drugs and treatments to carry me until I hit maintenance level with immunotherapy; my situation is basically severe allergic reactions exacerbating chronic eye (MGD & bleph) and lung conditions. Immunotherapy has made a huge difference for my eyes in the past; am hoping for same bounce this time.

When my ophthalmologist prescribed this increased FML dosage in early-September he said my "intraocular pressure has been consistently low over the last few months and this is a basis for prescribing FML 3 times a day. We’ll need to keep a close watch on your IOP tho because of this.” All good. I get out to the front desk after the appointment and the person there informs me that I need to set my next appt for December. 3 months from that day.

I didn’t say anything but wondered at the time if every an 3 month check-up is what constitutes a “close watch” on my eye pressure. Looking on the NIH and few other websites, reading a few journal articles, etc. about FML and IOP I could not find a recommended time period but did learn that IOP should checked "routinely," even "frequently." Am also mindful that this a clinic where I've had multiple mix ups and mistakes with doctors and staff.

So Fluorometholone Question I is: How often should I be coming in to get my eye pressure checked? Does anyone have some insights about/experience with this?

Thanks.
Working...
X