This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alrex

Has anyone used ALREX for a flare up ? My dr is considering this eye drop for my recent flare up. has anyone had success with it ??

its a pretty weak steroid. pretty straightforward drop.

Comment

Originally posted by grant555 View Post
      its a pretty weak steroid. pretty straightforward drop.
      Thank you grant555 I assume you have used it in the past. Did it help ? It is kind of expensive so I am not sure I want to spend the money and it not really help.

Comment

It should help if you have inflammation. For me, it wasn't really strong enough to help that much due to the significant amount of my inflammation, but it could be very helpful for you. Generally though, steroids do not provide long-term improvements - only short-term.

Comment

If you are on a high deductible plan or don't have insurance, search for coupons on-line, they can really save money! I get almost $100 off my Pataday refills with a coupon that I found on-line that printed and I take to the pharmacy.

There is no generic for Alrex or Lotemax and they both cost over $180.

Good luck . . .

Comment

Thank you gz9gig actually my Dr had a coupon for the Lotemax gel for $35.00 ( I have insurance but it is a high dectuctible plan) so I got that last night. It is for a short term basis (only 10 days, just 2 times a day). This recent flare up has improved but I am hoping it gets even better with this !!

Comment

Working...
            X