Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scleral Lens becomes dirty frequently ..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gz9gjg
    replied
    I suggest you look to your daily cleaning regimen and the age of your lenses. Add an enzyme cleaner if you haven't been using one; I use the Boston product that comes in vials.

Also, I have been told RGP material are only good for 1 to 2 years. Maybe it's time to buy replacement lenses.

Good luck . . .

Leave a comment:

• paalnoma
    replied
    Thank you for this advice which sounds to me very feasible. I am just concerning about hygiene. How long time do you soak a q-tip in Boston Conditioning Solution for? Also if you just use plain saline, do you use sterile q-tip or just normal q-tip? Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• CaptainObvious
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
    Drops, wiping the surface with the lens still in, or removing and cleaning it are pretty much all available options. So it's a choice between inconvenient solutions and ineffective solutions.
    Both are effective but the second one is inconvenient in my opinion.

I've got the Q tips and I found them easy and feasible....

Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Petris
    replied
    Drops, wiping the surface with the lens still in, or removing and cleaning it are pretty much all available options. So it's a choice between inconvenient solutions and ineffective solutions.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainObvious
    replied
    Originally posted by odydnas View Post
    You can try using a q-tip soaked in Boston Conditioning Solution (for RPGs) or plain saline and wipe the surface of the lens while it is in your eye, kind of like a windshield wiper. I've seen some of the docs at BFS instruct the patients to do this.

Well,

It is a good idea but it is not practically feasible like drops.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• odydnas
    replied
    You can try using a q-tip soaked in Boston Conditioning Solution (for RPGs) or plain saline and wipe the surface of the lens while it is in your eye, kind of like a windshield wiper. I've seen some of the docs at BFS instruct the patients to do this.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainObvious
    started a topic Scleral Lens becomes dirty frequently ..

Scleral Lens becomes dirty frequently ..

How can I get rid of the dirtiness on the external surface of the lenses.
    I use now the blink-n-clean but no benefit.
    The only way to resolve the problem is to take them out, rinse and insert them again.

Any suggestions....
Working...
X